A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Just over 4 weeks until the first friendly starts. Not long!
By glamman
Interesting to note that Jeremy Lawlor is playing for Ireland A in Bangladesh this week.
By hujon64
I understand that MM and MW are trying to instigate a system whereby the Academy boys play against each of the the South Wales league teams once in a season with points awarded in their league. Seems a very innovative, excellent idea to me as these youngsters aiming to be professional cricketers could play against the best, experienced players and gain invaluable experience. Hope it goes ahead as sometimes these players have been lauded in their age groups and will have to show true mettle against these teams.
By glamman
hujon64 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:55 pm I understand that MM and MW are trying to instigate a system whereby the Academy boys play against each of the the South Wales league teams once in a season with points awarded in their league. Seems a very innovative, excellent idea to me as these youngsters aiming to be professional cricketers could play against the best, experienced players and gain invaluable experience. Hope it goes ahead as sometimes these players have been lauded in their age groups and will have to show true mettle against these teams.
Hopefully all these Academy boys are getting plenty of opportunity to bat and/or bowl in the their Premier League club 1st XI. Have to say that in the matches I watch (not last season obviously) they are treated fairly and not just there to field.
By hujon64
I think the idea was for them to play as a team against the Premier League Clubs with points awarded so that they were playing the full squads and it was meaningful. The League voted against it but those in favour will play friendlies. Not the same, though! It appears now that Glamorgan also offered free coaching for youngsters before the matches as an incentive for Clubs to, perhaps, raise money by organising barbecues and suchlike when parents and children already there and, of course, to aspire to the academy. Think the kids would have loved it and must give praise to Glamorgan management for trying to raise the profile of the sport.
By glamman
hujon64 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:30 pm I think the idea was for them to play as a team against the Premier League Clubs with points awarded so that they were playing the full squads and it was meaningful. The League voted against it but those in favour will play friendlies. Not the same, though! It appears now that Glamorgan also offered free coaching for youngsters before the matches as an incentive for Clubs to, perhaps, raise money by organising barbecues and suchlike when parents and children already there and, of course, to aspire to the academy. Think the kids would have loved it and must give praise to Glamorgan management for trying to raise the profile of the sport.
The problem is that in a team solely of Academy players it is more likely some will have more limited opportunities. When playing in a club team, hopefully there will be no more than one or two and they can be given priority.
CC v Sussex

Encouraging to see a swift return to action by Ros[…]

Lancashire v Glamorgan

Lancashire seem to be playing a lot of good cricke[…]