A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Bubbles
You may have a point so why are Glamorgan targeting existing members and not the supposed "new band" of cricket supporters. Unless Glamorgan have got someone telling them what to do they are clueless and always someone else to blame. I know exactly who should be targeted for the hundred and it is not happening and probably never will.we clearly do not know our customers! :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
By hujon64
Did I read somewhere that Australia have now arranged some international fixtures at the same time as the 100 so the likes of Steve Smith, etc won’t be available? As they are the only overseas star attractions who people would definitely want to watch, this will be less attractive than T20s where there is automatic support for counties. I envisage a massive ‘egg on your face’!
By Bubbles
I don't know if this is the case but we still have some exciting talent to watch I.e
Banton,Bairstow, Duckett and Plunkett all international cricketers and exciting to watch. The key thing for me is they are representing Wales as branded and should receive the country's support. As in most sports the make up of the side is of no consequence as proved by Glamorgan and their Kolpaks. Fresh pastures to graze on if we choose to. :shhh: :clap: :drunk:
By Bubbles
I don't think that fixtures cross over so I wouldn't see that as a deterrent.
An interesting point to note is that when international tickets have been bought at Glamorgan 61 per cent come from outside Wales. This shows that people are willing to travel to watch top quality cricket. I think that the powers to be are testing the water with the Welsh Fire brand and may change if needs be.
Still very confused by the marketing policy but will wait and see.
By glamman
Bubbles wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:21 am I don't think that fixtures cross over so I wouldn't see that as a deterrent.
An interesting point to note is that when international tickets have been bought at Glamorgan 61 per cent come from outside Wales. This shows that people are willing to travel to watch top quality cricket. I think that the powers to be are testing the water with the Welsh Fire brand and may change if needs be.
Still very confused by the marketing policy but will wait and see.
People come to support teams - England, Pakistan or India. Not sure who is going to "support" the Welsh Fire. I would not count The Hundred as "top quality" cricket. Just a slog with gimmicks.
By Bubbles
You may well be right so does this not then show the Welsh public do not support cricket apart from the 75 or so who follow Glamorgan 4 dayers unless they want a "night out" at the cricket. As I have mentioned earlier four day cricket in my opinion has no future and the lack of players coming through puts the club's livelihood in jeopardy. Two of my mates, who are not cricket fans, have both just retired and have joined Glamorgan, which they fit in between aquarobics and Pilates. With the membership figures at all time low it is not the 100 you should be fearing but the aftermath which does not look rosy for Glamorgan. GCCC is not a viable proposition but the Welsh Fire may be? :pray: :pray: :pray:
By glamman
I am sure people have different reasons for going to watch the cricket - savouring the intricacies of the game to just getting pissed. Personally I go to support local players who I have seen grow up playing age-group cricket for Wales with the ambition to play for Glamorgan.
By Bubbles
I take your point and have seen more junior cricket than most. Most youngsters have no aim to play for Glamorgan or England and see it as an acievement to play for their regions where the standard ranges from average to poor. It is good to see Glamorgan taking care of talented cricketers with the hope that talent will break through. No one would be more delighted than me to see this happening but the club seems to think that 20,21,22 are youngsters. England's squad contains 20 and 21 year olds who have come through the county system. We are and have been playing at the lowest professional level, not winning anything and paying second rate cricketers wherever we can get them from and ignoring our home grown talent. Coaches are scared to back our youngsters as they may not yet be good enough for fear of losing their livelihoods. The system is in place we just need to put some faith in our youngsters and bite the bullet. Too many at the club are avoiding the bullet and more interested in themselves than the club. :brickwall: :brickwall:
By psychocandy
Buggered if I can see where you buy tickets for the 100?

Also, jerseys where from? Although not sure about the Hula Hoop....
By TWrex
Out of interest I went on the Hundred website. Sign up it says, but that requires a referral code, but not how to get one, or why you need one. A simplified game to attract new fans, if they can outsmart the website to get some tickets.
By psychocandy
TWrex wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:57 pm Out of interest I went on the Hundred website. Sign up it says, but that requires a referral code, but not how to get one, or why you need one. A simplified game to attract new fans, if they can outsmart the website to get some tickets.
EXACTLY..... Its just amazing how thick this is!!!
By gmdf
TWrex wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:57 pm Out of interest I went on the Hundred website. Sign up it says, but that requires a referral code, but not how to get one, or why you need one. A simplified game to attract new fans, if they can outsmart the website to get some tickets.
Are you a Mum? Are you a kid? :eh:

If not the ECB doesn't want you!! :no:
By Bubbles
I have just spoken to a friend of mine who is retired and a member who solely watches county cricket. He said that the county championship may be abandoned for this year wth only white ball cricket on offer. He is clamouring to get his membership refunded. What do you think and what will you do?
By glamman
Bubbles wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:41 am I have just spoken to a friend of mine who is retired and a member who solely watches county cricket. He said that the county championship may be abandoned for this year wth only white ball cricket on offer. He is clamouring to get his membership refunded. What do you think and what will you do?
I think the 50-over comp will be cancelled but they will try and play Championship games even when the 100 comp is on.
Season 2020

With the cricket season delayed until at least the[…]

Peter Walker

R.I.P. Peter Walker a genuine Glammy great. https[…]

Members On-line forum

I would like to report on yesterday's event, but I[…]