A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Some interesting developments in next year's fixtures - some that I think look good and others not so much.

Six Championship fixtures before the end of May - bring on the medium pacers and pity the batsmen. Five out of the six include play on Saturday and Sunday while the first starts on a Sunday. I am sure this will be popular and hopefully the weather will be OK. I think it is a shame that we are not playing the 50 over games at the start of the season as this year but The 100 rules!

Then the T20s start at the end of May with three Championship games stuck in the middle of them. There is a 4 day game at Trent Bridge and the next day we are back in Cardiff playing a T20. The only hope is we win in 3 days :) :)

There is then a 10 day gap with no county cricket with The 100 starting on 17/7.

The 50 over games start on 22/7/19. Two games at Spytty Park. There is then a two week gap in the middle of August when the final rounds of the RL and Blast are played so hopefully we will be in at least one otherwise it will be a quiet month.

The last four Championship games start on 23/8. For some reason the early season development of more play at the week ends seems to have disappeared with just 3 out of 16 days play at the week end.

Thoughts?
By glamman
Forgot to mention the fact that it is nice to be playing different teams to those we normally come up against in white ball cricket in next year's 50-over competition. Our group consists of:
Derbyshire
Surrey
Leics
Somerset
Yorksire
Notts
Warwick shire
Northants
By Nick_Glam
It will be bonkers and it's a shame that the season has very little rhyme or reason to it anymore. That's not to criticize the people entrusted with sorting out the fixtures nowadays because their hands are doubtless tied.

It's a shame that in the heart of the summer when the weather should be at its best, there is so little Championship cricket.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:45 am It will be bonkers and it's a shame that the season has very little rhyme or reason to it anymore. That's not to criticize the people entrusted with sorting out the fixtures nowadays because their hands are doubtless tied.

It's a shame that in the heart of the summer when the weather should be at its best, there is so little Championship cricket.
Certainly not going to aid the development of Test players. Expect Darren Stevens to once again be opening the bowling for Kent. :) :)
By TWrex
Kent have 3 spinners now, ready to make use of the rough caused by Darren's zimmer frame in his follow through. :shhh:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]