A forum for Northamptonshire CCC fans
By Den Buckett
4 points required from this final match for promotion or Glams to drop 4 points. Monday looks fine for the first part of the day. Tue, Wed and Thur lots of rain sweeping across the country so the weather could help us to get the draw we require. Good luck to the team & hopefully we can cap the excellent run under captain Rossington with promotion.
By Shortlegs
With no play at Durham today it would take a miracle now for us not to get promotion, but it ain't over till it's over.
By Bucksman
Finally, we're underway again and encountering some resistance with three more wickets required for the third bowling point. Good luck to Emilio Gay, when the time arrives, on his Championship debut.
By Bucksman
Hmm, the familiar middle/lower order recovery... in the conditions, this is hardly the best statement or preparation for life in Division 1 should, of course, that come about!
By Den Buckett
Bucksman wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:09 pm Hmm, the familiar middle/lower order recovery... in the conditions, this is hardly the best statement or preparation for life in Division 1 should, of course, that come about!
It's tactical - needing only a draw there is no point us moving the match forward by taking wickets!
By Nick14
So, the end of another season. Firstly, a big congratulations to the club for winning promotion to Div 1. A great achievment and really gave the fans something to get behind and believe in at the end of the season.

We had a wretched one day season and first half of the champ and I was very critical of the team and decision making. Much of that remains. Despite us winning promotion, I felt more detatched from the team than at any point in my 30 plus years of support. Some of that came from the number of players we used, the continous stream of loan signings, the lack of young players being persisted with etc. The change of Captain in the champ certainly seems to have made a difference. Things took off from that point on. Player wise, Sanderson was hugely responsible for our success, but was well supported by Hutton in particular - with others chipping in well, like Buck, Berg at the end, and Procter. The batting was still largely underwhelming. Players like Wakely and Newton (19 innings and an average of 23) are still nowhere near consistent enough. keogh improved (but still only averaged 33) and Rossington did well. And we achieved promotion without our best batsman - Vasconcelos. I am glad we persisted with Curran at the end of the season, even though he struggled to score. The batting remains a big concern - especially against Div 1 bowling attacks. We really need to strengthen. Some players surely have had thier time - Levi in particular. An overseas bat would seem a priority for next year - along with a seamer and a spinner. Those are the three players I would look to bring in.
By rwjc22
Very happy for the club. They have done very well in the Champo as the season has progressed. Rossington led by example.

Feel for Emilio Gay in this match. Would have been good to see what he can Dom. Hope he gets a go in Division 1.

I think we need to prioritise a fast bowler for signings. Some sort of overseas player who is on the verge of playing for his country. The batting isn't amazing but we have a few to choose from. Agree Levi has had his day.
By Nick14
Peters put it well in his tweet - he congratulated the team and his hastag was #investinthesquad. Withthe right approach to recruitment and support of young players could see us being competitive. But I hope there is no repeat of this loan signing player for hire churn next year. Plan properly and stick with a squad of players as much as you can.
The first two players released

Lawlor and Szymanski deemed surplus to requirement[…]