A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Glamno1 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:10 pm Usual Glamorgan we are waiting on marsh so we will end up playing 1st few games with no overseas & then won’t bother replacing for 20/20 or championship !!
No time to wait get someone signed now broken arm 8 weeks season over by then !!
Website says still hoping he’ll be able to play in T20. May be wishful thinking but if he is having surgery that means it will be internally fixated so could be back quite soon. Given what has happened so far this season we probably need to be more positive about outcomes.
By Welwyn
Glamno1 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:10 pm Usual Glamorgan we are waiting on marsh so we will end up playing 1st few games with no overseas & then won’t bother replacing for 20/20 or championship !!
No time to wait get someone signed now broken arm 8 weeks season over by then !!
Given what Cullen said at Radlett about Maynard rotating the seamers purely so they could go through the entire 20/20 campaign with zero rotation, surely they will try and find someone. David Miller perhaps? (Finding a batsman that can bowl is less important for the T20 than it is for the Champ due to Ingram)
By glamman
Still think Salter will be in the T20 team. A seasoned performer who can score some ry.
By exileKT8
Hope so as don`t bank on seeing too much of our Australians. Ingram hasn`t played since since early May in what was for him a pretty quiet IPL. Article on ESPN says he has turned down playing Big Bash for Adelaide next season due to family commitments. So perhaps we are lucky to still have him.
By glamman
Hopefully we'll see Ingram playing in at least one of the 2nd XI T20s against Gloucs being played at the Catheral School next Monday. The opening Somerset fixture is then on the Thursday.
By glamman
James Foster brought in for the T20. Seems to have been with a number of franchises in different competitions. Good to see a fresh set of eyes.
By glamman
6 days to the 1st T20 and it is difficult to know who will be in the XI. At present we do not seem to have an overseas player for these first two games. From the players we currently have available a possible XI is:
Lloyd
Meschede (not ideal)
Ingram
Root
Cooke
Carlson (not really scored any runs since the start of the season)
Wagg
Salter
De Lange
TvdG
Hogan

Douthwaite or Cullen could replace Carlson. If Smith fit he could replace TvdG.

Really need an overseas batsman.
By Nick_Glam
I must say that listening to the two commentators discussing the possible T20 sides of MIddlesex and Glamorgan was a rather chastening experience.

The possible XI put forward by Nick Webb being...

Lloyd
Meschede
Ingram
Root
Cooke
Carlson
Wagg
Douthwaite
Salter
de Lange
Hogan

A weak and unbalanced side on paper.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:24 pm I must say that listening to the two commentators discussing the possible T20 sides of MIddlesex and Glamorgan was a rather chastening experience.

The possible XI put forward by Nick Webb being...

Lloyd
Meschede
Ingram
Root
Cooke
Carlson
Wagg
Douthwaite
Salter
de Lange
Hogan

A weak and unbalanced side on paper.
Douthwaite is not a bowling option in T20 as far as I am concerned.
By Nick_Glam
glamman wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:47 pm
Douthwaite is not a bowling option in T20 as far as I am concerned.
Whichever team we pick though, it is going to look pretty weak.

Have to hope that Wallace can make a successful phone call in the near future...
By glamman
Nick Webb reports that Glamorgan are hoping to sign the Pakistan batsman Fakhar Zaman in time for Thursday. He has played 30 T20i's but I am not sure if he has played much over here. He bowls a bit of slow left arm.
By glamman
Good to see Ingram playing today. I hope they have produced a rank turner at the Cathedral School today given the make up of our bowling attack.
By Jenks33
So if Fakhar does sign what do we think the starting XI will be against Somerset. A few people have said they think Salter will play but I'm not so sure. I get the impression that Maynard doesn't rate him at all. Am I right in saying that he wasn't involved in those games against Holland? Was he injured? I always think we look stronger with Cooke at 6 Wagg at 7 and Meschede 8 but Carlson hasn't done enough to bat in the top 5 in my opinion. If our top 4 is Lloyd, Fakhar, Ingram, Root with Cooke at 6 and Wagg at 7 who bats at 5?
By Nick_Glam
Jenks33 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:19 pm So if Fakhar does sign what do we think the starting XI will be against Somerset. A few people have said they think Salter will play but I'm not so sure. I get the impression that Maynard doesn't rate him at all. Am I right in saying that he wasn't involved in those games against Holland? Was he injured? I always think we look stronger with Cooke at 6 Wagg at 7 and Meschede 8 but Carlson hasn't done enough to bat in the top 5 in my opinion. If our top 4 is Lloyd, Fakhar, Ingram, Root with Cooke at 6 and Wagg at 7 who bats at 5?
Impossible to predict our selections this season, but wouldn't be surprised to see Morgan playing ahead of Salter.

Darren Stevens will leave Kent at the end of the s[…]

Full title 'Race and Pace' the West Indian in East[…]

Leicestershire

NOTICE THAT THE FINAL MEMBERS FORUM IS SCHEDULED […]

Berg is back!

At 38 years of age, it is perhaps not entirely cle[…]