A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
It seems this is an opportunity for one of McIlroy, Walker or Szymanski to get a game unless they are not performing in the 2nds.
By johnwales
We are still running second in the league, and must consolidate that position. It is not because of games in hand or extra matches played, it is a true and complete picture of where we stand. Perhaps in a few weeks time we will be posting promotion material !!!
By glamman
Not sure about the weather again next week. I think the depth in bowling is a problem. Will be ok in T20 but not sure enough of a threat in 4 day game if keep with this rotation system. Fully understand the reasons.
By exileKT8
Keep faith in what MM and the team are doing, I like what I hear from Lloyd. 2nd after 6 games is beyond what any reasonable expectation would have been. The longer it goes on we can believe Glammy have turned a corner. Glammy are there on merit in that we still unbeaten which for us is something.

It is accepted by all that the bowling attack is not yet Div 1 material to put it mildly. However it appears the three home games have been on very tame pitches and if you drop catches players like Godleman will make hay. No coincidence perhaps the wins have come away from home. De Lange is the main cutting edge and without him and a quality spinner it is a problem that I`m sure MM will seek to address. If the first objective has been to get runs on the board, be it through pitch preparation and selection then so be it.

Radlett may be more bowler friendly tomorrow so let`s see what happens. Hopefully Harris will have a couple of off days.
By glamman
We have signed a couple of young seamers so if they are thought up to it let’s see what they can do.
With regard to spinners I feel that learning your craft in South Wales means you just end up firing it in as Croft did. It worked for him but not sure if it is what is required.
By Nick_Glam
exileKT8 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:53 am
Keep faith in what MM and the team are doing, I like what I hear from Lloyd. 2nd after 6 games is beyond what any reasonable expectation would have been. The longer it goes on we can believe Glammy have turned a corner. Glammy are there on merit in that we still unbeaten which for us is something.

It is accepted by all that the bowling attack is not yet Div 1 material to put it mildly. However it appears the three home games have been on very tame pitches and if you drop catches players like Godleman will make hay. No coincidence perhaps the wins have come away from home. De Lange is the main cutting edge and without him and a quality spinner it is a problem that I`m sure MM will seek to address. If the first objective has been to get runs on the board, be it through pitch preparation and selection then so be it.

Radlett may be more bowler friendly tomorrow so let`s see what happens. Hopefully Harris will have a couple of off days.
Harris is out with a broken thumb.
Jack Murphy

A shame that he has been forced to retire at such […]

Derbyshire

Another interesting squad selected for this game w[…]

Middlesex

Seamer rotation continues. TvdG has a good record […]