A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By johnwales
If Glamorgan beat Northants next week, they could climb into the top four of division 2. This is an ideal opportunity being that the Midlander 's are currently close to the bottom and without a win.

Selman has cemented his position as our number one opener, and can walk to the crease with the confidence of knowing that he is safe from exclusion.
By glamman
johnwales wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 10:20 pm If Glamorgan beat Northants next week, they could climb into the top four of division 2. This is an ideal opportunity being that the Midlander 's are currently close to the bottom and without a win.

Selman has cemented his position as our number one opener, and can walk to the crease with the confidence of knowing that he is safe from exclusion.
Only 5 points covering postions 2-6 in the table. Assume we will see Hogan and Carey back but would love to see one of De Lange or TvdG playing instead of Wagg if we are not going to play a spinner. Northants yet to record a win and must be a team we look to get a W against. Saying that we should be competitive against most Div 2 teasm at the moment other than Lancs who seem a class above, especially while Anderson is available. We are fortunate that we are not playing them until the Ashes is under way.
By Shamu
We are in a “Third Division” - with Northants, Leicestershire, Gloucestershire and Derbyshire.
Scraping draws on dead wickets does not elevate to promotion candidates.
By glamman
Shamu wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:20 am We are in a “Third Division” - with Northants, Leicestershire, Gloucestershire and Derbyshire.
Scraping draws on dead wickets does not elevate to promotion candidates.
Bizarre statement. How many teams in the "Second Division"? Two or three? Hardly a division?
By Shamu
Of 18 Counties there are 3 distinct stratas of 6. Glamorgan are in the bottom tier.
Don’t need to explain that to knowledgable cricket fans, so I’ve set it out clearly for you.
By glamman
According to NIck Webb the only squad change is Hogan in for Lawlor. Carey injured so will have to be a rethink about the seam bowling rotation. Would like to see Hogan keeping it tight and De Lange and TvdG having a go at the other end.
I'm not sure what Lawlor has done wrong. Could have been given another go as has made some starts in the last two games. I think Carlson needs to get some runs in the 2s.
By Nick_Glam
Yeah, hopefully Hogan in for Wagg.

Neither Carlson nor Lawlor really deserve to be in the team (if we had any other options), but I guess they see more potential in Carlson. He needs some runs soon though.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:00 pm Yeah, hopefully Hogan in for Wagg.

Neither Carlson nor Lawlor really deserve to be in the team (if we had any other options), but I guess they see more potential in Carlson. He needs some runs soon though.
Not sure that Lawlor is playing for St Fagans today so maybe he has a niggle.
If they don't see potential in Lawlor why did he play in the Gloucs and Derby games?
Carlson's scores since 31 Mar: 0, 25, 111, 7, 3, 0, 10, 15, 12, 0.
He may have potential but could perhaps get some form back in the 2s.

Saying this, things seem to be on the up and we are just nit picking. Looking more like a squad with potential. Some younger players who will hopefully be around for a while if the good performances continue, building a team spirit. So much of sport is about confidence and the difference from last year is clear to see.
By glamman
Looking at the scores in the Premier League today (and in recent weeks) you can see why it is so difficult to develop batsmen (and bowlers) in South Wales. Pitches tend to be dead with no pace or bounce which makes stroke play near impossible and just rewards the club dibbly dobbler.
By Nick_Glam
glamman wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:10 pm Not sure that Lawlor is playing for St Fagans today so maybe he has a niggle.
If they don't see potential in Lawlor why did he play in the Gloucs and Derby games?
Carlson's scores since 31 Mar: 0, 25, 111, 7, 3, 0, 10, 15, 12, 0.
He may have potential but could perhaps get some form back in the 2s.
I didn't say that, "they don't see potential in Lawlor". I simply said that I guess they see more potential in Carlson which as he started the season as first choice, played last year and is playing again now isn't too much of a wild supposition. ;)
By glamman
Hogan in for Wagg (injured). I like this seam attack better. BBC Sport Wales tweet shows a slightly green looking pitch in the back ground so the continued absence of a frontline spinner may not be a big issue. Hopefully we can get among the Northants batsmen quickly.

I hope there is some plan for the spin option given we may lose Labuschagne for the second half of the season. Spinners in the 2nds are putting in some good peformances but noone seems to be able to transfer that to the 1st team; although currently not getting much of a chance. Bull's injury is a worry if they were seeing him as the future. He seems to be having recurrent back problems.
By glamman
Full delivery gets rid of Vasconcelos. Bowler friendly conditions that you could argue we have not quite made the most of. Need it full on off stump and we should get a couple more before lunch.
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:45 am Full delivery gets rid of Vasconcelos. Bowler friendly conditions that you could argue we have not quite made the most of. Need it full on off stump and we should get a couple more before lunch.
5 down for 65, so you got your wish. Good effort by Glam so far. Douthwaite amongst the wickets again.
By glamman
Hopefully we can pick off the lower order for not too many to set up a winning position. Pitch seems to be getting better but need to keep it tight from both ends to build further pressure.
By glamman
Good effort to bowl Northants out for 209. The absence of a proper spinner may become an issue in their 2nd innings.
Lancashire at Colwyn Bay

Starting to think about who will take the field fo[…]

AUSTRALIA

Eoin Morgan will not indicate to the spectators a […]

CC v Worcs

Good first day for us. Now can the batsmen give us[…]

Overseas

Events at Southampton suggest or confirm the fear […]