A forum for Kent CCC fans
By TWrex
Think we had better stick with Adam Rouse as captain, as anyone else picked as leader this season has come a cropper & he appears to be able to keep going. I wonder who will be fit to play? Gave yesterdays game at the open windswept expanses of Beckenham a miss, but the temp. is set to rise for the rest of our 50 over campaign so should attend all three. Nothing for Kent to play for so it will be stress free & hopefully, apart from poor old Sam Billings a full squad will be available when the championship returns against Yorkshire on the 14th of May.
By TWrex
Today's game took me back 52 years to 1967, my first annual holiday as a working lad. Surrey v Kent in the Gillette Cup on a scorching June day, Surrey batted first & reached around 30 for 0 when Alan Dixon came on &, I think, took a wicket in each of his first seven overs. Surrey were skittled out & Kent made hard work of it but finally won & afterwards a 20 overs a side beer match was played. More important Kent went on to win the final at Lord's & I was there too. An easier chase today & there will be no visit to Headquarters at the end of the month, but a nice, if short, day out at a ground I always enjoy visiting.
gmdf liked this
Cricket World Cup 2019 Schedule

Cricket World Cup 2019 Schedule Cricket world cup[…]

2nd XI

Absolutely pathetic from the Glamorgan media that […]

CC v Sussex

Another good start with Sussex at 68-6, but... wh[…]

Derbyshire

Not sure how we can rest both De Lange and TvdG. T[…]