A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Shamu
Quite ridiculous what is happening in County Cricket at the moment.

It appears that failed cricketers are keen to jump on the bandwagon in the hope of financial gain.

A case in point being Rafiq, a cricketer released by his County for not being up to the required standard seeks revenge using the wokeness which is currently in vogue. This, from a vexatious individual whose own social media history is quite shocking and for which he has already been disciplined.

How many Glamorgan / Welsh cricketers over the years have been sledged by the use of ethic slurs which I don’t wish to set out here, but we’ve all heard them.

The world has gone mad ! Some people need to grow a pair !
By Glamorganmorgan
Are you trying to justify racism here, Shamu? Or at least say that you are allowed to racially abuse and discriminate against people as long as they've made a few mistakes? Seems a rather bizarre position for you to take.

Just because others have also been racially abused with ethnic (it has an 'n' in it) slurs, doesn't make the use of them acceptable...

Otherwise, we'd still be cavemen. It's called a progressive society.
By Shamu
glamman wrote:An appalling post and should lead to removal from this forum.
Ridiculous comment.
(1) I abhor racism in all it’s guises.
(2) I stand by every word of my original post
(3) just wondering whether those who deified Rafiq at the time have now had second thoughts.
By gmdf
There are few, if any, people who are 100% perfect with no faults...so the fact that Rafiq has some skeletons in his closet is no surprise.

But the racism at YCCC (& elsewhere in the game) is real and must be dealt with.
By ffynnongarw
Wokeness and racial discrimination are two totally different issues. Yorkshire CCC has tolerated racial abuse going back to the days of Viv Richards playing at Headingly. Moxon slagging off Rafiq the day after his child dies beggars belief. Unacceptable behaviour in any walk of life.
By Shamu
Racist behaviour from the Yorkshire terraces was prevalent long before Viv Richards era.

If Rafiq’s account of Moxon’s behaviour immediately following a tragic life episode is accurate, then of course it is completely unacceptable.

I would welcome a response from Yorkshire/ Moxon to these allegations - I would also expect Rafiq’s allegations to be tested under cross examination in a court of law as the detritus of his narrative has caused significant loss and distress and to date is founded on hearsay and allegations protected by parliamentary privilege.
By gmdf
Shamu wrote:I would also expect Rafiq’s allegations to be tested under cross examination in a court of law as the detritus of his narrative has caused significant loss and distress and to date is founded on hearsay and allegations protected by parliamentary privilege.
Rafiq giving evidence about his own experiences not hearsay. Nor is the evidence of other Black & Asian players telling of their own experiences at a range of cricket clubs.
By ffynnongarw
The fact that Moxon, Arthur, Gale and Vaughan have all declined to cooperate and give their side of the story says it all. Moxon is now on sick leave! Whilst the likes of Hoggard have essentially confirmed that Rafiq's evidence is valid. David LLoyd waded in with no knowledge of the circumstances makes his position with Sky untenable. It would be interesting to know Nasser's thoughts on the prospect of continuing to work with LLoyd. Mikey's views even more fascinating.

Даже интересно, подтвердятся ли слухи о возвращени[…]