A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Harris playing for Middlesex 2s this week and I assume he won’t be doing anything else for the rest of the season. I think it has been mentioned that money is probably the reason for him not coming on loan. Shame as our attack is really limited to Hogan and TvdG at the moment. Carey’s figures look ok but he could not maintain pressure on the top order batsmen, with too many loose deliveries. Huge contrast to the Essex seamers who were right on the money.
By glamman
Ger27 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:05 pm Selman leaving and Ed Byrom from Somerset coming in, by all accounts.
Clearly a man with contacts. Feel a bit sorry for Selman, but as has been mentioned, he has not quite delivered. Byrom has fallen away so hopefully Maynard can turn him around. He does have relative youth on his side. Assume he will come in against Durham. If he is seen as opening with Lloyd next season then it would make sense for Rutherford to drop down to 3.
By glamman
Ger27 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:05 pm Selman leaving and Ed Byrom from Somerset coming in, by all accounts.
Even with the recruitment of Byrom, it does not seem to make sense ditching Selman. With our lack of batsmen in the squad and Selman's performances in white ball cricket it would make more sense to keep him, unless he has another offer. I do not see Joe Cooke as an opening batsman, certainly at present and surely we cannot lose a top 3 batsman. Personally I hope to see Selman opening on Sunday in Durham.
By glamman
Good to see Horton making a good contribution to a big win for England U19s today. 53 off 48 balls and a catch and a stumping.
exileKT8 liked this
By glamman
Smith signed for another year. Saying he might be playing on Sunday.
That leaves:
TvdG - Is he leaving?
Cullen - Assume stays
Salter - Deserves to stay
Selman - People can question his form but what are the other options?
Joe Cooke - Given his performances in RL cup assume will stay but not sure where he fits in given the other players in the squad.
McIlroy - Not had much opportunity due to injury.

Still think these players have a greater claim than others on longer contracts. If everyone was available my CC team would be
Selman
Lloyd
Labuschagne
Carlson
J Cooke
C Cooke
Douthwaite
Neser
Smith
Harris or TvdG or Salter if dust bowl
Hogan

The issues are in the batting. Haven't seen anything to reassure me about Byrom and Root has technical problems. We are 2 proper batsmen short. I include Douthwaite as a batsman and would not want him bowling. If anyone attends the forum on Tuesday could they ask what the club think are the reasons why in the last 10 years we have only seen 2 batsmen come through the system - Carlson and Lloyd? They must have examined the issues if they entertain any thoughts of resolving them.
Nick_Glam liked this
By Shamu
Why don’t you attend the forum and ask your own questions - or are you not a member ? (I know what the answer is ! ).

Given the constant whinging in your whimsical diatribes, wouldn’t you be better served having direct dialogue with the club and conversely, getting a better understanding of matters appertaining to coaching, pathways and the professional staff.

To a man, they are all approachable and won’t bite you, so don’t be a moaning Minnie, be a part of a club you aspire to support and enjoy the journey.
By glamman
Shamu wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:51 pm Why don’t you attend the forum and ask your own questions - or are you not a member ? (I know what the answer is ! ).

Given the constant whinging in your whimsical diatribes, wouldn’t you be better served having direct dialogue with the club and conversely, getting a better understanding of matters appertaining to coaching, pathways and the professional staff.

To a man, they are all approachable and won’t bite you, so don’t be a moaning Minnie, be a part of a club you aspire to support and enjoy the journey.
You are an arse!
Some of us have jobs!
Next you'll be telling me there is nothing wrong with the development program. :brickwall:
By Shamu
Ha - hoisted by his own petard !

Glad to hear that you are gainfully employed and contributing to the economy. Congratulations on having such an empathetic employer who allows you to watch and listen to every ball of the season via the stream whilst commenting ad infinitum and pushing your own agenda.

Don’t be such a tit and perhaps people would be inclined to engage in a more constructive manner, resulting in you gaining a far better understanding of what goes on and why.

Just checked the terms and conditions of Glamorgan membership, and being employed does not appear to be an excluded category.
By glamman
With what I have seen so far this week I would have Selman and Byrom opening for the last game, allowing Lloyd to drop down to 4. Rutherford could play at 3.
With Salter's recent performances with the bat, he could go in at 7 and play another front-line seamer in place of Douthwaite, possibly McIlroy for some variety.
By Nick_Glam
Perhaps tellingly Selman and TvdG omitted for the final game...
Squad

Disappointing for Hemphrey to see he has been rele[…]

Now for The Blast

Hoping for an upturn in form for this competition.[…]

CC v Essex

Oh well, the usual start from the top order, what[…]

Surrey v Glamorgan

No one seems to have been able to make any comment[…]