A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Some rather wild shots being played when a cool head is what is needed. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
By glamman
Given the relative experience of our batting line up, as you say, disappointing. Unnecessary gifting of wickets.
By duckworthlewis
Did anyone watch this on the live stream ? Can't remember which player it was, but one of the Glam players did a scoop type shot and it was given as a 6 but then amended to a 4 by the umpire. I thought it was an easy 6. The commentators on the stream were Somerset and didn't really say a lot about it (they were great by the way) but wondered if Webb/Bevan were there and said anything if there was ant 'welsh' commentary ?
By glamman
I was listening to the radio commentary and they said it was a four while Brooks had signalled a six. I think it was Kevin Hand.
By duckworthlewis
Ah, it wasn't Kevin Hand on commentary on the stream, it was some younger ones who plugged the sponsors every few minutes. Fair play though, they bigged up Glamorgan throughout. The '6' just looked a couple of yards over to me and i wondered if it would matter at the end (think they were about half way through innings at time)
By glamman
duckworthlewis wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:01 pm Ah, it wasn't Kevin Hand on commentary on the stream, it was some younger ones who plugged the sponsors every few minutes. Fair play though, they bigged up Glamorgan throughout. The '6' just looked a couple of yards over to me and i wondered if it would matter at the end (think they were about half way through innings at time)
Sorry, it was Kevin Howells, not Kevin Hand on the radio commentary, alongside Anthony Gibson.
By exileKT8
Second place Glammy travel to bottom of the table Derby, William Hill have us 4/7, these are dizzy days, lets hope they are right.
By Vetchetarian
exileKT8 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:34 am Second place Glammy travel to bottom of the table Derby, William Hill have us 4/7, these are dizzy days, lets hope they are right.
Sadly rained off. It's that Drakeford factor at work. Can't keep that man down. 😂
exileKT8 liked this
By glamman
Hopefully Joe Cooke will gain confidence from his current role. Has filled the spot vacated by Douthwaite who looks like he will be getting his drinks carrying certificate as a result of the hundred.
By glamman
Excellent opening spells from Hogan and Carey. Need the change bowlers to back them up.
By Neverout
Not a particularly "swinging" day either. Best I have seen from Carey. How will the spinners go ?
By glamman
Cooke at his pace needs to be accurate and is right on it.

Another typical slow pitch.
By Neverout
Another good performance in the field today , helped by some brainless batting but it is testimony to some thoughtful captaincy by Kiran leaving the long off/on vacant to Salter's bowling that Surrey were tempted into those shots.

Nice to see a short leg in during the middle overs giving confidence to the spinner.

All round another improvement in the captaincy/ tactics.
Squad

Disappointing for Hemphrey to see he has been rele[…]