A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Not a bad bowling performance from the “worst attack in the competition”. People need to understand what a struggle it is for bowlers when pretty well everything is in favour of the batsmen.
By notgoingoutreprise
glamman wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:03 pm I know I go about it but I pity anyone listening on the radio as what Ed says bears only passing resemblance to what I am watching.
Selman given out by the umpire despite the wicket keeper dropping it, if the umpire can't see what is going on from 30 yards then imagine how difficult seeing things from the stands is
By glamman
I could see and I was at the top of a stand.
By glamman
Great to see my concerns about Marnus in T20 are as usual unfounded. If they want to get Neser in then Ingram seems a bit out of sorts but if you want to get another batsman in at the same time and maybe omit Salter or Sisodiya, then is Taylor a better option than Ingram?
Not a simple choice to maintain the balance of the team with only 2 overseas. Personally I think TvdG and Smith have done well in T20 in recent years and it comes down to your other 4 bowlers. Need 6 options in T20.
Sisodiya needs to turn things around as I am sure teams have looked at him. So far this season 0/67 from 7 overs. As I have already said, bowling in T20 is a mugs game.
exileKT8 liked this
By glamman
The website is in good form again. Previewing tomorrow's game against Surry they first state:
"Their most recent victory on Surrey soil came during August 2017 as Aneurin Donald struck 76 before Marchant de Lange claimed 3/29 with Michael Hogan also delivering a wily final over to stifle a late fightback as Glamorgan won by six runs."

But then list the recent results including:
July 31st, 2018 at The Oval - Glamorgan won by 4 wickets :no: :no:

That was a good win on Sky, when Ingram dropped out from illness and we chased down 194 with an over to spare. Here's hoping for another game like that. Surrey look like they are scoring lots of runs and have 2 wins from 2. A side packed with internationals.
By Glamorganmorgan
I haven't been able to get into the stadium yet, but I've really enjoyed watching on the live stream. Looks like a couple of cameras, they've got replays with the Glamorgan logo flying across and looks quite good.
By glamman
Glamorganmorgan wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:14 pm I haven't been able to get into the stadium yet, but I've really enjoyed watching on the live stream. Looks like a couple of cameras, they've got replays with the Glamorgan logo flying across and looks quite good.
Coverage does not seem as good as other counties. Just seen an announcement on the website that capacity will only go up to 1500 for the forseeable future. Seems most people on this site will think that it is a sensible option. Hope they don't mind not going to see any cricket.
By Jenks33
Closer than I was expecting, 166 was at least 20 short. Very frustrating after we raced away to 47 for 0 after 4 overs. Goes without saying that we need a lot more from Ingram if we’re going to do anything in this competition.
By glamman
Don’t understand why we are persisting with more than one over of spin at the start of the innings. Just negates any opportunity the seamers might have to use the new ball. Shows a lack of understanding about white ball cricket.
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:49 pm Don’t understand why we are persisting with more than one over of spin at the start of the innings. Just negates any opportunity the seamers might have to use the new ball. Shows a lack of understanding about white ball cricket.
So, let me get this straight. The entire Glamorgan set up " shows a lack of understanding about white ball cricket ". 😁

But you, seemingly, know all there is to know. Makes me wonder why you are not part of the management team that runs Glammorgan CC, instead of sitting around posting on this forum.

Have you contacted Maynard, Morris, et al ?
By glamman
3 overs of spin and they are 41/0 and the ball not going to do anything for the seamers. Great tactic!
Jehosaphat liked this
By glamman
Didn't watch last night's game but another failure from Ingram. When he batted on Sunday he looked out of touch. Surely time to play Neser - is he going around the country sight-seeing with the squad?
The only way to keep control of the runs in T20 is to take wickets and he is the best option for that. Not surprisingly teams have done their homework on us opening with spin and it does not seem to be working. I have no problem with the first over of spin but should be seam after that. That's what most other teams do.
I would go with (and just my opinion which I think I am allowed!):
Selman
Lloyd
Labuschagne
Cooke
Carlson
Taylor
Douthwaite
Neser
Salter
Smith
TvdG

Neser coming in at 8 doesn't look a bad line up and don't think we will concede as many runs = better chance of winning. Taylor and Neser for Ingram and Sisodiya also strengthens the fielding.
By exileKT8
Agree Neser needs to play, I would bat him at least two places higher.

After all the problems Glammy have had with the unavailability of their overseas over the years it looks as though we now have a problem of too many. Wise of HM and MM to arrange Ingram as cover for Marnus but now he`s with us for longer being parsimonious Welshmen they want something for Ingram`s wages. A dilemma, been following Ingram`s fortunes reasonably closely as he globe trots in T20 and despite a few 50s for Tasmania he is not the force he was.

Thank the Lord that Marnus is with us. Without wishing to tempt fate he is genuine World Class and like the success we enjoyed when IVA Richards wore the Daffodil, players of this quality tend to be always in the game re runs wickets and catches.

Be good to end Kent`s unbeaten run. I suppose they will have Crawley and Billings back.

Perhaps bad luck to face Surrey when they have Roy and the Currans
By glamman
The games are coming thick and fast with matches on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. I think they may have written yesterday off to some extent, resting Smith and hoping to get some wins from the next 3. Normally there would be more call on England players during T20 so unfortunate, as you say, to come up against Surrey with those players available.

As I'm sure many cricket supporters know, there ar[…]

Royal London

A new competition and hopefully better fortune. We[…]

If you are new to the forum why not announce your […]

Sonny Baker

Anyone else watched Sonny Baker, who is just 18, […]