A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
I am happy to admit Douthwaite showed good control with the ball today. However they scored 10 runs to many. Looked a good batting track but was very dark at the end and must have been difficult for the batsmen going in. Some great fielding. Always difficult as a bowler in white ball cricket. Not sure about bowling spin for the first 4 overs when these are the only ones the white ball is going to be any help to the seamers.
By psychocandy
So in all this time no-one checked the floodlights were still working???
By Glamorganmorgan
I saw a response on Twitter to someone that was potentially a bit short, but said "Yesterday they were working and today they weren't"

I imagine they'd have been testing them every day leading up to the game, and something just went wrong. How often does a kitchen bulb go out when you don't expect it to?
By glamman
Nick Webb reported they were OK on Tuesday then failed on Wednesday. Was very poor light for our last 10 overs but no one else to blame. Was very cloudy. Should have started earlier.
By Nick_Glam
Huge credit to Labuschagne again. That should make him pretty much undroppable for the foreseeable.
By Jehosaphat
Anyone know why Lloyd did not bowl? Seems a strange decision, almost as strange as giving Sisodiya a third over

I thought the bowling generally lacked variety, particularly at the end. For the last 5 overs to go for 65 runs (average 13 per over) was positively criminal. Several of our bowlers seem to merely convey the ball from one wicket to the other.
By glamman
Agree about lack of variety. Cannot remember many slower balls or yorkers, especially wide yorkers with field set appropriately. The use of the bowlers seems to be decided before the game and little reaction to what is going on. Am not convinced by Cooke's captaincy but has a lot on his plate keeping as well in T20. Maybe Ingram could do it?

I think it is a mistake not letting Smith or TVDG have the ball in any of the first 4 overs as this is the only time they are going to get any assistance. Only way to stop the scoring is to take wickets.
By glamman
However I would never be too critical of bowlers in T20. They are always on a hinding-to-nothing and it looked a good batting track yesterday. Trent Boult has been smacked around this morning by England's number 9 and he has a red ball in his hands and no fielding restrictions.

With proper light I think there is a good chance we would have reached the target, thanks to brilliant knock from Marnus.
By Glamno1
We don’t have the bowling 2 frighten any team , small grounds we will get hammered going put a lot of pressure on batting.
We will get or chase big score now & again but not every game.
Hogan got 2 play he takes wkts & will go 4 no more than bowlers did last night.
If Nesar plays got drop Ingram - not going happen we signed him for 20/20 only & 2 b fair is our best player.
Labs did it last night ( I know 1st chance ) but Ingram has done it over the years.
By glamman
Glamno1 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:01 pm We don’t have the bowling 2 frighten any team , small grounds we will get hammered going put a lot of pressure on batting.
We will get or chase big score now & again but not every game.
Hogan got 2 play he takes wkts & will go 4 no more than bowlers did last night.
If Nesar plays got drop Ingram - not going happen we signed him for 20/20 only & 2 b fair is our best player.
Labs did it last night ( I know 1st chance ) but Ingram has done it over the years.
I have said all along that it would be better to have Neser playing and I was not sure about Marnus but that must be his best T20 innings as he has not done much previously. Not going to drop Ingram and I think Marnus would be packing his bags if he is dropped now.

Am not sure Hogan is right for T20 now. His performances in this format have fallen off:
In 2019, Hogan bowled 12 overs and went at 9.75. TvdG did not bowl and Smith went at 8.64.
Hogan bowled 46 overs in 2018 and went at 9.04, although in the same season TvdG went at 10 while Smith went at 7.5. Weighell went at 9.11.
In 2017 Hogan went at 8.32 and TvdG at 9.0 while Smith did not play
In 2016 the numbers were a lot better - Hogan 6.81; TvdG 6.87.
Last season TvdG was good going at 7.46 while Smith went at 8.09 and Douthwaite bowled 7 overs going at 9.14. Hogan did not play last year.

Bowling in T20 is a mugs game. :)
By glamman
Looking at the team that played in the last T20 last season, there were 3 seamers with Wagg, TvdG and Smith and Douthwaite coming in at 6. Swap Ingram or Marnus for Balbirnie and Neser for Wagg and it looks a much better balance.
By glamman
Sussex have taken 3 Gloucs wickets in the first 6 overs although they have scored 55 runs. All seam - surely that has to be the best option with the new ball!
By glamman
Looking at 1st innings scores tonight, most around 180 with a couple over 200. I think that is what you get now and while you might say Sophia Gardens is a lower scoring ground, I think it was a good track last night.
By glamman
I know I go about it but I pity anyone listening on the radio as what Ed says bears only passing resemblance to what I am watching.
T20

Couple of 2nd XI games today and tomorrow. Might b[…]

T20 2021

We get underway in front of the cameras v Worcs on[…]