A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Sir_Wellsmote
beautiful delivery from neser

wouldn't have bothered watching today but wanted to see neser in action for us and frankly, i have nothing better to do anyway
By Sir_Wellsmote
i watched neser in the sheffield shield final ... his figures were excellent but it was a very slow pitch

looks very lively here ... a little quicker than i thought
By glamman
Sir_Wellsmote wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:16 am i watched neser in the sheffield shield final ... his figures were excellent but it was a very slow pitch

looks very lively here ... a little quicker than i thought
Agree. Looks sharp.
By glamman
Vetchetarian wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:05 pm
glamman wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:34 am Good from Neser and TvdG. Lloyd not very threatening and Douthwaite inexpensive as the batsman did not have to play at very much. Beginning to think Lloyd opened because they did not want Lloyd and Douthwaite bowling in tandem. Am still struggling to understand the absence of Carey. Surely he has to be considered more of a threat than Lloyd or Douthwaite. I guess the plan of just playing for the draw will succeed with the weather forecast. However seems the antithesis of the comments after the Northants game where the aim was to challenge the players.
" the plan of just playing for the draw " ?

Whose plan was that ?
Are you seriously suggesting Glam took the field at 11 am on the first day looking to draw the match ?
Did Maynard announce that intention ?
The fact that Taylor is bowling ahead of Salter tells me that Salter was selected as a better batsman (coming in at 10!!!!) than Carey. If that doesn't say "We are only interested in a draw" then I do not know what does.
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:45 am
glamman wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:34 am Good from Neser and TvdG. Lloyd not very threatening and Douthwaite inexpensive as the batsman did not have to play at very much. Beginning to think Lloyd opened because they did not want Lloyd and Douthwaite bowling in tandem. Am still struggling to understand the absence of Carey. Surely he has to be considered more of a threat than Lloyd or Douthwaite. I guess the plan of just playing for the draw will succeed with the weather forecast. However seems the antithesis of the comments after the Northants game where the aim was to challenge the players.

Whose plan was that ?
Are you seriously suggesting Glam took the field at 11 am on the first day looking to draw the match ?
The fact that Taylor is bowling ahead of Salter tells me that Salter was selected as a better batsman (coming in at 10!!!!) than Carey. If that doesn't say "We are only interested in a draw" then I do not know what does.
To suggest that any team, when selected, takes the field on day one, and is only interested in a draw, beggars belief. These are professional sportsmen, after all.
By glamman
Vetchetarian wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:14 pm

Whose plan was that ?
To suggest that any team, when selected, takes the field on day one, and is only interested in a draw, beggars belief. These are professional sportsmen, after all.
That may not be the players' intention but you have not given me an explanation as to how this XI would win a game by taking 20 wickets. We have Douthwaite with the new ball who can at times hardly keep the ball on the cut part of the square.
By Shamu
*Memo to Vetch
Never have a different opinion to Glamman on anything to do with Glamorgan or cricket in general.
He knows it all and I can’t believe Messrs Wallace and Maynard don’t have a hotline to him.
He must have had a hell of a first class playing record - as he knows exactly what’s going on at all times. :brickwall:
Vetchetarian liked this
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:20 pm

That may not be the players' intention but you have not given me an explanation as to how this XI would win a game by taking 20 wickets. We have Douthwaite with the new ball who can at times hardly keep the ball on the cut part of the square.
If, as you insist, the powers that be intended to play for a draw from the first delivery, the " players' intention " would be to obey orders. Wouldn't it ?

What do you expect in the way of " explanation" ?
It's my opinion that your insistence that the team sets out to draw a match is utter nonsense. You keep on insisting that's how it is, but it's getting boring now.
It's about time you realised that yours isn't the only opinion around here. Unless you are getting privileged information from Maynard, et al.
By Vetchetarian
Shamu wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:25 pm *Memo to Vetch
Never have a different opinion to Glamman on anything to do with Glamorgan or cricket in general.
He knows it all and I can’t believe Messrs Wallace and Maynard don’t have a hotline to him.
He must have had a hell of a first class playing record - as he knows exactly what’s going on at all times. :brickwall:
😂
By glamman
Vetchetarian wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:46 am

If, as you insist, the powers that be intended to play for a draw from the first delivery, the " players' intention " would be to obey orders. Wouldn't it ?

It's my opinion that your insistence that the team sets out to draw a match is utter nonsense. You keep on insisting that's how it is, but it's getting boring now.
It's about time you realised that yours isn't the only opinion around here. Unless you are getting privileged information from Maynard, et al.
My point is that to win a game you have to dismiss the opposition twice for less runs than you score. Bowlers win you matches. Did Glamorgan select the strongest bowling attack they could?
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:48 pm
Vetchetarian wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:46 am

My point is that to win a game you have to dismiss the opposition twice for less runs than you score. Bowlers win you matches. Did Glamorgan select the strongest bowling attack they could?
Jeez. You do like to go on, don't you ?
Squad

Disappointing for Hemphrey to see he has been rele[…]

Apparently, if you buy two tickets you can't set n[…]

T20

Couple of 2nd XI games today and tomorrow. Might b[…]

T20 2021

We get underway in front of the cameras v Worcs on[…]