A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Good from Neser and TvdG. Lloyd not very threatening and Douthwaite inexpensive as the batsman did not have to play at very much. Beginning to think Lloyd opened because they did not want Lloyd and Douthwaite bowling in tandem. Am still struggling to understand the absence of Carey. Surely he has to be considered more of a threat than Lloyd or Douthwaite. I guess the plan of just playing for the draw will succeed with the weather forecast. However seems the antithesis of the comments after the Northants game where the aim was to challenge the players.
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:34 am Good from Neser and TvdG. Lloyd not very threatening and Douthwaite inexpensive as the batsman did not have to play at very much. Beginning to think Lloyd opened because they did not want Lloyd and Douthwaite bowling in tandem. Am still struggling to understand the absence of Carey. Surely he has to be considered more of a threat than Lloyd or Douthwaite. I guess the plan of just playing for the draw will succeed with the weather forecast. However seems the antithesis of the comments after the Northants game where the aim was to challenge the players.
" the plan of just playing for the draw " ?

Whose plan was that ?
Are you seriously suggesting Glam took the field at 11 am on the first day looking to draw the match ?
Did Maynard announce that intention ?
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:18 pm Doesn't say much for our coaching staff if you feel they had no plan.
I didn't say/suggest that there was a plan. You inferred that Glam entered the game planning to draw it.
By Vetchetarian
What price a manufactured last day with Lancs declaring overnight, and Glam having a 20 over slog, setting 400 + in 75 ish overs. Weather permitting. of course.
Better than playing out a dull, boring draw.
By glamman
All I am saying is that you have to be able to bowl a side out twice to win and I cannot see how the bowling attack put out in this game would be expected to do that. So if you haven't selected a strong enough bowling attack to achieve a win, you must be planning to draw the game.

For this reason there is no way that we can get a win from this game, as whatever target we set, Lancashire will know that they can bat out a draw, even if they got in a bit of trouble chasing. Our bowling weaknesses were laid bare in the Northants game, where we probably had a stronger bowling attack than in this game.
By glamman
Expect Lancashire to bat as long as they can in order to try and accumulate as many batting points as possible. If they declared to set up a fanciful draw they would lose those.
Squad

Disappointing for Hemphrey to see he has been rele[…]

Apparently, if you buy two tickets you can't set n[…]

T20

Couple of 2nd XI games today and tomorrow. Might b[…]

T20 2021

We get underway in front of the cameras v Worcs on[…]