A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:38 am I know people are going to question the standard of bowling but I’m pleased to report that Selman scored 196 yesterday out of 366/9. Still have to get the runs.
Was anybody bowling at him ? :)
By glamman
Ingram with another failure today. Need him to find some form in time for the summer. Not sure what he is doing after the PSL.
By exileKT8
Neser not playing for Queensland in their current game. Think he was absent in the last one.

Have I missed him moving States, I would like to think he is saving himself for Glammy or is he injured and our Overseas jinx strikes again ?
By glamman
exileKT8 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:33 pm Neser not playing for Queensland in their current game. Think he was absent in the last one.

Have I missed him moving States, I would like to think he is saving himself for Glammy or is he injured and our Overseas jinx strikes again ?
On 12 Feb it was reported he suffered a hamstring tear in training so assume that is still keeping him out. Should be OK by the start of our season hopefully.
By exileKT8
Thanks Glamman

Tear doesn`t sound good, strain would have been better. Let`s hope April 8th gives sufficient recovery time.
By glamman
exileKT8 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:15 pm Thanks Glamman

Tear doesn`t sound good, strain would have been better. Let`s hope April 8th gives sufficient recovery time.
This is what one website reported on February 15, 2021:
Neser suffered a hamstring injury at training and has been ruled out for the next three weeks, Cricket Australia reports.
ANALYSIS
Queensland all-rounder Neser has been ruled out for at least the next three weeks with a hamstring injury. Moreover, he is extremely doubtful to play against Western Australia in Brisbane beginning March 06.

Sure it will be more than 3 weeks. Was very suprised how quickly Smith was able to come back after his tear in August. Hopefully for Glamorgan's sake they do not rush it.
By glamman
Not sure if I have missed any official announcement of Hemphrey's future.
By glamman
exileKT8 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:15 pm Thanks Glamman

Neser back playing for Queensland. :pray:
By Ger27
I see Queensland will probably make it to the final of the Sheffield Shield, to be played 15 - 19 April.

I guess that means Labuschagne and Neser will miss the first two, if not three, County Championship games?
By exileKT8
Not Good news after Neser 6/3/10/3 wrecking Western Australia top order.

Glammy overseas jinx strikes again.
By glamman
I heard Selman had to quarantine for 2 weeks when he arrived back. That means May before they can play?
By exileKT8
I did wonder about quarantine.

How do overseas contracts work ? Paid by appearances ? Are Glammy paying these boys when they are on the other side of the world ?
By glamman
Balbirnie as cover for Marnus - not exactly filling me with confidence. Balbirnie has only played 30 1st class matches and averages 33. Many of those games in recent years will have been in the Ireland 1st class competition which is hardly packed with stars. We will wait and see what happens.
By exileKT8
It gets better, no Marnus and Neser for us v Yorks and they can have Root, I fear a sizeable innings defeat.
Statistics

Hello All, Good to see some cricket via live stre[…]

Return of crowds

Any thoughts on the return of crowds to The Count[…]

Glamorgan v Sussex

Are we foreseeing any changes in the side? Any new[…]

Glammy 2s v Lancs 2s

Playing up at Northern CC in Crosby. Team is JM C[…]