A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By hujon64
A while ago Glamorgan were advertising a post for someone to work with the Academy. I see that this is now in Ingram’s contract so management must be happy to combine the two and, perhaps, save money .
By glamman
Neil Brand demonstrating this week what a loss he was when he had to go back to South Africa. A century and figures of 12-6-15-1 for the Titans. Current 1st class average of just under 40 batting at 3.
By JamesH
Selman has been playing well in a tough first grade competition. A 172 to his name in the red ball format and a good weekend for him just gone in the t20 games. Averaging 99 across all formats.

Not much from Hemphrey on the other hand who's only played two games for Sandgate-Redcliffe.
By glamman
Impressive knock from Ingram this morning. Came in at a very tricky time, got himself in and accelerated. Hopefully he will hit some consistent form.
By glamman
Good to see Lloyd is going to be with us for the next 3 years. He was badly missed in the early games last season and will hopefully increase the batting strength alongside the return of Marnus. I do hope that moving up the order does not send him down the path of previous batsmen that have been put there out of position.

We have a core of players who will play all three formats in Labuschagne, Cooke, Neser/Ingram, Lloyd and potentially Smith (as long as he stays fit), with the spin twins of Salter and Sisodiya playing key roles in the white ball cricket. It is then a matter of TvdG and Hogan (dependent on how much he plays) providing the seam options alongside the likes of Carey and then Carlson, Root, Taylor, Douthwaite pitching in with some runs in the various formats. Still a few question marks but here's hoping.
By glamman
Good to see Ingram back playing today after not fielding in the last game. He has had a pretty good Big Bash so hopefully he will continue this form back with Glamorgan in the summer.
By glamman
Sisodiya signs a new contract up until the end of 2013 season. Has done well in white ball cricket and hopefully will adapt as teams see more of him. Not sure what impact he can make in longer form, especially given the timings of the games.
Still a sizable list of players whose contracts end at the end of this year:
TvdG
Hogan
Cullen
Hemphrey
Chris Cooke
Salter
Douthwaite
Smith
Walker
Selman
Joe Cooke
McIlroy
Some will be eager to resign while a few might be interested in seeing what other offers come in. Assume Glamorgan will be keen to keep Chris Cooke and perhaps Smith and TvdG.
By JamesH
glamman wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:03 am Sisodiya signs a new contract up until the end of 2013 season. Has done well in white ball cricket and hopefully will adapt as teams see more of him. Not sure what impact he can make in longer form, especially given the timings of the games.
TvdG
Hogan
Cullen
Hemphrey
Chris Cooke
Salter
Douthwaite
Smith
Walker
Selman
Joe Cooke
McIlroy
Some will be eager to resign while a few might be interested in seeing what other offers come in. Assume Glamorgan will be keen to keep Chris Cooke and perhaps Smith and TvdG.

Glad to see Prem given an opportunity, I thought he was fantastic in the T20s last year.
On a different note, since my favourite hobby seems to be picking my own Glammy XI, I'd like to see the four day side next year look something like:

Selman, J Cooke, Labuschagne, Lloyd, Root, C Cooke, Taylor, Neser, Smith, VdG, Hogan.

Four seamers is surely the way to go (albeit all right arm 80mph) and Marnus/Lloyd/Taylor as a fifth bowler.

It would be good to have the likes of Sisodiya, Douthwaite, Walker, Carey, Horton, Carlson etc challenging for places.

Anyway, I'm living in a fantasy land and come April the side will probably be eleven Douthwaites.
By glamman
JamesH wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:49 am
glamman wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:03 am Sisodiya signs a new contract up until the end of 2013 season. Has done well in white ball cricket and hopefully will adapt as teams see more of him. Not sure what impact he can make in longer form, especially given the timings of the games.
TvdG
Hogan
Cullen
Hemphrey
Chris Cooke
Salter
Douthwaite
Smith
Walker
Selman
Joe Cooke
McIlroy

Glad to see Prem given an opportunity, I thought he was fantastic in the T20s last year.
On a different note, since my favourite hobby seems to be picking my own Glammy XI, I'd like to see the four day side next year look something like:

Selman, J Cooke, Labuschagne, Lloyd, Root, C Cooke, Taylor, Neser, Smith, VdG, Hogan.

Four seamers is surely the way to go (albeit all right arm 80mph) and Marnus/Lloyd/Taylor as a fifth bowler.

It would be good to have the likes of Sisodiya, Douthwaite, Walker, Carey, Horton, Carlson etc challenging for places.

Anyway, I'm living in a fantasy land and come April the side will probably be eleven Douthwaites.
I think that will be pretty much the side. However it has been said that Lloyd will open (hopefully the switch does not destroy him as it has others in Glamorgan's recent history) so Joe Cooke gives way to Carlson, who needs a good season given the faith put in him with a long contract. Taylor provides some spin back up to Labuschagne and the batting line up is long with Smith coming in at 9. Never sure if that is a good thing as can sometimes mean the top order don't treasure their wickets as much. I'm sure Marnus won't make that mistake.

As you say, there is a bit of sameness about the bowling and it will be interesting to see if McIlroy gets a go with his left arm seam. Not sure how quick Neser is but assume he is a bit faster than 80mph if he was called into the Test squad. Also Smith now getting nearer 85mph now and has surprised a few batsmen. Hope he stays fit as am sure if he gets a run he will get better.
By JamesH
glamman wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:03 pm
JamesH wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:49 am
TvdG
Hogan
Cullen
Hemphrey
Chris Cooke
Salter
Douthwaite
Smith
Walker
Selman
Joe Cooke
McIlroy

I think that will be pretty much the side. However it has been said that Lloyd will open (hopefully the switch does not destroy him as it has others in Glamorgan's recent history) so Joe Cooke gives way to Carlson, who needs a good season given the faith put in him with a long contract. Taylor provides some spin back up to Labuschagne and the batting line up is long with Smith coming in at 9. Never sure if that is a good thing as can sometimes mean the top order don't treasure their wickets as much. I'm sure Marnus won't make that mistake.

As you say, there is a bit of sameness about the bowling and it will be interesting to see if McIlroy gets a go with his left arm seam. Not sure how quick Neser is but assume he is a bit faster than 80mph if he was called into the Test squad. Also Smith now getting nearer 85mph now and has surprised a few batsmen. Hope he stays fit as am sure if he gets a run he will get better.

As ever I'm filled with positivity at this stage that we can challenge in all three formats. Probably safe to assume that my hopes will be dashed before long :lol: But I'll enjoy the positivity while it lasts as I do every season!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]