A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Not sure what Selman has done to be 3rd choice slip fielder. Must stand there ahead of Hemphrey.
By glamman
As predicted, Glamorgan have gone into this game with just two frontline seamers + Bull who is perhaps overdoing the flight. They could still be bowling at this time tomorrow.
By glamman
Tough day. Not a great surprise given the choice of bowling for this game. Maynard and Cooke have to take responsibility for that.
Have just seen that Northants have been bolwed out by Somerset for 67!
By Nick_Glam
Another dire day for us. Tough to see our batsmen saving the match, but I guess stranger things have happened.
By glamman
Harrison said:
"We stuck to it on a different style of pitch to the one we had at Taunton. The boys bowled well through the day but we had them three down and then missed a chance to make it 70-odd for four. Fair play to Libby and D'Oliveira, they batted really well but I can't fault the boys' efforts on a good wicket."

Might have been watching a different game?
By glamman
Have just watched Selman's dismissal and have absolutely no idea what he was trying to do!
By glamman
After the early loss of the openers Carlson and Root have looked comfortable on an easy paced pitch that is not doing much for the bowlers. If Root could keep his reverse sweep in the locker we might see us reach some sort of parity tomorrow.
I hope others on this site will join me in congratulating a much improved 2nd day performance.
hujon64, exileKT8 liked this
By hujon64
Yes glamman - much improved performance and not such hot weather as a bonus. Pleased to see Carlson doing well at No 3 and hope they can show determination tomorrow.
exileKT8 liked this
By Nick_Glam
Yes, gratifying to see a couple of our batsmen getting scores. Still a fair way to go to save the game, but we have put ourselves in a decent position.

Hopefully a few of the bowlers such as Hogan, Wagg and Bull will be rested for the next game to give others a chance.

As well as trying to get results, we need to try to work out who should stay and who should go this winter.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:06 am Yes, gratifying to see a couple of our batsmen getting scores. Still a fair way to go to save the game, but we have put ourselves in a decent position.

Hopefully a few of the bowlers such as Hogan, Wagg and Bull will be rested for the next game to give others a chance.

As well as trying to get results, we need to try to work out who should stay and who should go this winter.
Easier to have a bit of a swap around on the back of a stronger performance. I’m sure we will want to go into the T20 with the strongest team so the next 3 4-day games should be used.
The T20 batting looks a real problem as the likes of Hemphrey, Root, Selman have not been first choices in the past. Top 4 last season was Zaman, Lloyd, Marsh, Ingram. Not sure if Lloyd will get fit and Meschede would have also figured.
By glamman
Careless from the batsmen this morning. If you cannot score runs on this pitch against this attack then you really should pack your bags.
By exileKT8
Easy paced pitch not offering any assistance for the bowlers we were told when Worcs were batting. The new ball the time of danger said Wagg, this one 70 overs old. Wagg did say 1st hour would be important.
By glamman
Some sanity from Root and Wagg. From the time I have watched this morning it seems Root has thankfully put away the reverse sweep. Hopefully they can press on this afternoon.
By Nick_Glam
Yeah, pitch offering nothing but a good tactic from the bowlers to stick the ball outside off stump and wait for our batsmen to get themselves out.

I can see why Wagg still gets plenty of game time, as he still shows more fight than most of our players. I would still rest him for next week, but it's not out of the question that he should get a contract for next season.
T20 for 2020

The T20 tournament gets underway with a trip to Gl[…]

Glam v Worcs

Unbelievable and so exciting. Thought we were down[…]

Squad

Disappointing for Hemphrey to see he has been rele[…]