A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Disappointing for Hemphrey to see he has been released by Queensland. Not had a great season scoring just 228 runs at an average of 20.7. Hopefully he will find better form back here in April :giggle:
By Nick_Glam
glamman wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:07 am Disappointing for Hemphrey to see he has been released by Queensland. Not had a great season scoring just 228 runs at an average of 20.7. Hopefully he will find better form back here in April :giggle:
Ouch. I suppose that may mean that he is able to complete the season with us this time around...depending on how he manages to get himself fixed up.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:53 am
glamman wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:07 am Disappointing for Hemphrey to see he has been released by Queensland. Not had a great season scoring just 228 runs at an average of 20.7. Hopefully he will find better form back here in April :giggle:
Ouch. I suppose that may mean that he is able to complete the season with us this time around...depending on how he manages to get himself fixed up.
According to his interview that is the plan.
By glamman
Good to see him in the runs for his club yesterday. Scored 94 while Lukas Carey finished the day on 16 no.
By glamman
Obviously the curtailment of Labuschagne's availability is bad news with the need to sign an overseas to cover his absence from Championship games as well as another for the T20s. Other counties continue to announce signings. I wonder if Brathwaite is being considered. He is also able to bowl again.
By glamman
Not sure what it has to do with Wallace? So much for the Hundred set ups being seperate from counties. I hope he is not distracted from Glamorgan work.
By glamman
Sorry - just seen he is cricket manager for the Welsh Fire - Great!!
By exileKT8
It`s a great shame, the Club had done very well to keep Marnus. He was great for Glammy and has gone on to be a top Test batsman. You would suspect he may have had other offers. Cricket Australia were always going to be the problem. We need a settled quality overseas and if he had been available all summer Marnus was clearly the number 1 choice. Let`s hope Wallace and MM have a Plan B.
By glamman
Not terribly relevant to this thread but just saw that Darren Sammy is captaining the Peshawar Zalmi in this year's PSL. I am not sure of the justification of paying an overseas player to bat at 7 in T20 and not bowl? Just as long as Glamorgan do not sign him again. Am sure he's a great bloke but why?

Also noted that Ingram had another failure with the bat yesterday. I think there are problems if Glamorgan and the Fire are relying on him as he has been out of form now for 18 months.
By glamman
Two ex-Glamorgan players snapped up today:
- Henriques to Essex
- Mitch Marsh to Middx

Wonder when we will hear something?
By Nick_Glam
Out of interest, has it been confirmed whether Selman has signed a new contract?
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:27 am Out of interest, has it been confirmed whether Selman has signed a new contract?
Have not seen any announcement but not sure that means anything. Would have expected him to be resigned.
By glamman
Good to see Ingram scoring some runs yesterday with 30 off 14 balls in a winning chase.
Squad

Disappointing for Hemphrey to see he has been rele[…]