A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Nick_Glam
Credit to Brathwaite for battling through to the close.

We have a reasonable batting line-up and I can easily imagine us building a reasonable lead. I can equally imagine us being skittled for 140 though. :lol
By glamman
Don't imagine it will be any easier to bat today but hopefully we can get a lead.
Good effort by the bowlers yesterday - great to see TvdG back and Hogan still firing. Keep writing him off and then he bounces back.
Well backed up by Carey and Smith who seems to be settling back into red ball cricket after a dodgy start in Colwyn Bay.
By johnwales
Realistically we are well short of being division one material. Better to be satisfied with mid 2nd tier position, than bottom of the first.

Billy Root seems to have lost the plot, not that he is alone.
By Vetchetarian
johnwales wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:41 pm Realistically we are well short of being division one material. Better to be satisfied with mid 2nd tier position, than bottom of the first.

Billy Root seems to have lost the plot, not that he is alone.
Being a realist, I never felt Glam were good enough to gain promotion. Labuschagne provided a glimmer, which has now been extinguished. Overall, the team are just not good enough, sad as that is.
By exileKT8
Unfortunately difficult to argue with the last three posts. Glammy needed a big haul of batting bonus points against a Worcs side who have been pretty poor in the 4 day game. If the now likely defeat follows against the team 2nd from bottom then we are a long way off promotion.
By johnwales
Good job that the Minor Counties are not a championship third division. Because that is the only outfit Glamorgan are likely to top.
By Vetchetarian
johnwales wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:47 am Good job that the Minor Counties are not a championship third division. Because that is the only outfit Glamorgan are likely to top.
I have previously suggested that Glam would struggle in the Minor Counties.
By Nick_Glam
You have to love an internet forum...

"We're going to get promoted, we're going to get promoted, we're going to get promoted..."

A few bad results later.

"We wouldn't beat the minor counties, we wouldn't beat the minor counties, we wouldn't beat the minor counties..."

:lol
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm You have to love an internet forum...

"We're going to get promoted, we're going to get promoted, we're going to get promoted..."

A few bad results later.

"We wouldn't beat the minor counties, we wouldn't beat the minor counties, we wouldn't beat the minor counties..."

Agree - have not batted well again today but cannot immediately take away the good performances which were not solely those of Labuschagne.
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:07 pm

A few bad results later.

Agree - have not batted well again today but cannot immediately take away the good performances which were not solely those of Labuschagne.
I'm having great difficulty trying to recall these good performances. As far as I can recall Labuschagne's runs took the team to the top of the pile.
By glamman
Vetchetarian wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:15 pm
glamman wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:07 pm

A few bad results later.

I'm having great difficulty trying to recall these good performances. As far as I can recall Labuschagne's runs took the team to the top of the pile.
A number of batsmen were averaging near 40. Look at this game - Mitchell has scored 35% of their total runs.
The first two players released

Lawlor and Szymanski deemed surplus to requirement[…]