A forum for Kent CCC fans
By exileKT8
What a fantastic signing Darren Stevens has proved to be, arguably been the best County Cricketer for a very long time. Note `leave` rather than retire ? No surprise that his batting bests were both against Glammy although I think we won the 1 dayer. He will leave a big void.
gmdf liked this
By TWrex
A sad day but it had to come sometime. Maybe best the decision was made for him, Stevo would want to play for ever. He will leave Kent while still a valued member of the Championship side with a reputation as one of Kent's greats.
gmdf liked this
By madmickeyt
Darren has been terrific for us over many years and I am sure we all have great memories of batting and latterly bowling heroics. I wonder if he was under-used by Keysey who I do not think ever regarded him as a proper bowler, otherwise the figures might have been even more impressive.

Yes it has been coming for a while now and the sadness seems to be that he wants to continue but the club are saying no so he is going elsewhere. There is no doubt that he is still doing it as far as bowling is concerned, but it seems right that we try and bring the others through now.
gmdf liked this
By TWrex
He has reached 500 first class wickets for Kent, not bad seeing for how long he didn't bowl. Rob Key jokes about his poor judgement, but maybe that has helped to extend his playing career. A good few number of wickets and eighty odd runs against Notts., he ain't going quietly. Good weather promised for the end of the season hopefully it will be a good send off in the last match at Canterbury against Hampshire. Rumour of a move to Derby, will have to wait and see.
By TWrex
There have been some heroics in the test arena this season, but Darren's efforts in the last and week must come into the same bracket for the county scene.
10 wickets and 80+ against Notts, stroll in at 39 f 5 against Yorks., knock up a quick double century in a record 6th wicket record for Kent with the skipper and back into the pavilion in time to make a cuppa and watch 'Pointless.
While he is this hot send him over to Brussels to sort that mess out and then to Westminster to restore Order Order there. :whistle:
gmdf, Vetchetarian, exileKT8 liked this
By TWrex
Has anyone thought of signing him up? Yes, Kent have they are going to hold talks, so this topic may become redundant. It could have been Darren wishing to carry on playing white ball cricket that led to his departure being announced, but perhaps his experience with Derby has altered his stance and his red ball form has altered Kent's.
CC v Durham

Our last two wickets put on 67, of which Hutton an[…]

Yorkshire v Kent

With Kent 39 f 5 on Monday, whilst still hoping so[…]

Leicestershire

NOTICE THAT THE FINAL MEMBERS FORUM IS SCHEDULED […]