A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
14 man squad - Hogan and Root out with Marsh, Smith and Douthwaite in. No Carlson. Showers forecast but hopefully with the ability of the ground to drain so quickly there will be a game. Pretty miserable at the moment with torrential rain in Cardiff.
Have no idea what the team will be given the chopping and changing that has gone on but my preference is:
Lloyd
Zaman
Marsh
Ingram
Cooke
Douthwaite or Lawlor but if Lawlor would prefer to have him open and shift everyone down.
Wagg
Smith
Salter
De Lange
Carey

I see no need for Morgan or Taylor when it is going to be damp and Ingram and Zaman could bowl. 7 to 10 are all people who have shown they can clear the ropes at the end of the innnings as long as the top order can set it up. I would favour Douthwaite over Lawlor in this format.
By Nick_Glam
Well done to Wagg for at least giving us something to bowl at. He has been one of the success stories of this season so far.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:48 pm Well done to Wagg for at least giving us something to bowl at. He has been one of the success stories of this season so far.
Not come in early enough in opening games. Pleased to see my preferred XI are on the field. I think this is the strongest team we have available. They just need to perform.
By Nick_Glam
No surprise really that Surrey chased that down. Short with the bat again despite it being a better performance than some.

Hopefully Marsh can score some runs in either of the next two games.
By glamman
Listening to Tony Cottey on commentary, it is a mystery why Zaman and Salter did not bowl more overss. Difficult to get the spinners away.
Good to see Smith back and taking up where he left off last season. Hopefully he will stay fit for the rest of the season and beyond.
By Bubbles
Seems to be a consistent trend. Bowl De Lange at the death and don't give Salter his full overs?
Surely someone at GCCC looks at the figures after games to devise a game plan.
We have numerous coaches, Maynard, Wallace, Foster, Harrison and captains in Ingram, Cooke and Lloyd to come up with some sort of solution. The continued failings to achieve drives me to distraction as a fan but imagine what it would be like to be able your views. Is that a problem at the club? :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
By glamman
I wouldn't be too critical of De Lange. He bowls at the death which is always hard and I think he has been working to pitch the ball further up. Just missed his yorkers which he was at least looking to bowl. Rather that than keep pitching the ball half way down. Bowlers have no margin for error in this format.
The problem seems to be with Ingram as captain - Salter only bowls 3 and Zaman just 2 overs. Ingram is so lacking in confidence that he is not bowling himself. Obviously cannot be sure that he does not have an injury. He needed to go on and score a big one last night having contributed to the recovery.
I still think this is the best side we can field at the moment.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]