A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Vetchetarian wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:19 pm One of the cardinal rules in sport - never change a winning team. Glam did, and have paid the price. Two points from Cooke's return, and those dropped points could prove to be very significant come the end of the season as the Division gets tighter, and tighter.

If Lancs beat Glam in the next game, how will Cooke's cheerleaders be feeling, I wonder.
The team has only won 3 out of 10 Championship games and has changed after every match.
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:03 pm
Vetchetarian wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:19 pm One of the cardinal rules in sport - never change a winning team. Glam did, and have paid the price. Two points from Cooke's return, and those dropped points could prove to be very significant come the end of the season as the Division gets tighter, and tighter.

If Lancs beat Glam in the next game, how will Cooke's cheerleaders be feeling, I wonder.
The team has only won 3 out of 10 Championship games and has changed after every match.
You are still missing the point, but hey ho, we move on.
By djronnieb65
With regard changing a winning team
Mathew Maynard lost his job at Somerset for these reasons
In his last season he butchered the championship side by chopping and changing and leaving out good 4 day players
He also messed up the overseas player appointment by not having a plan b and Somerset were left without an overseas player for the majority of the season
It seems that Maynard likes to rotate the squad a lot and so you are unlikely to see the same team play consecutive matches because of this
There is also a problem about Meschede as I know Maynard didn’t rate him at Somerset hence why he came here
It seems very unfair that he don’t play him in our one day games as he has always done well for us
I would pick him over Wagg any day
By glamman
djronnieb65 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:59 pm With regard changing a winning team
Mathew Maynard lost his job at Somerset for these reasons
In his last season he butchered the championship side by chopping and changing and leaving out good 4 day players
He also messed up the overseas player appointment by not having a plan b and Somerset were left without an overseas player for the majority of the season
It seems that Maynard likes to rotate the squad a lot and so you are unlikely to see the same team play consecutive matches because of this
There is also a problem about Meschede as I know Maynard didn’t rate him at Somerset hence why he came here
It seems very unfair that he don’t play him in our one day games as he has always done well for us
I would pick him over Wagg any day
I think Meschede must have an injury as he is not playing for the 2s this week. Unfortunately he has not scored many runs for the 2s this season but I agree he was an important contributor with the bat in the T20s last year. Meschede left Somerset at the end of the 2014 season at the same time Maynard was appointed coach so they did not overlap at Somerset.
If Wagg is going to play I do not understand why he bats below the likes of Douthwaite, Lawlor and Morgan. If he is only going in 8 or 9 it would be better to play Smith. I assume Smith will come back on Friday as he was our most economical bowler in last year's competition and is a useful batsmen in this format well able to clear the ropes. A better option than Lawlor or Morgan.

My preferred XI from those avalable is:
Lloyd
Zaman
Ingram (he cannot keep failing)
Cooke (we desperately need an overseas to bat 4!)
Carlson (not scoring many runs but better than other options)
Wagg
Taylor or Douthwaite
Smith
Salter
De Lange or Carey
Hogan
By djronnieb65
I agree mainly with that team
Looking forward to Smith coming back in as he done well last season
I don’t think Morgan is the ideal T 20 player but we are limited to choice at the moment
I think you should have two full time spinners if possible on the team
You need 3 frontline bowlers
We have Hogan our death bowler and De Lange and Carey or TDV
We still have a problem if our top 3 batsmen fail as middle order has been a problem for quite a while now
Maynard needs to get a settled team and only make minor changes otherwise we will carry on as we have been all season by breaking records at the wrong end with low scores etc
The irony of all this is the reason why Paul Russell wanted Maynard out was the lack of success on white ball cricket despite doing quite well in the championship
Exactly the same of this season
By glamman
djronnieb65 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:56 pm I agree mainly with that team
Looking forward to Smith coming back in as he done well last season
I don’t think Morgan is the ideal T 20 player but we are limited to choice at the moment
I think you should have two full time spinners if possible on the team
You need 3 frontline bowlers
We have Hogan our death bowler and De Lange and Carey or TDV
We still have a problem if our top 3 batsmen fail as middle order has been a problem for quite a while now
Maynard needs to get a settled team and only make minor changes otherwise we will carry on as we have been all season by breaking records at the wrong end with low scores etc
The irony of all this is the reason why Paul Russell wanted Maynard out was the lack of success on white ball cricket despite doing quite well in the championship
Exactly the same of this season
Agree about two good spinners but am not sure we have them. Salter is pretty reliable in this format. Don't think Morgan is a great option but Sisodiya has had reasonable figures in the 2s games. Am not sure why Smith has not come in today although the squad was announced before he bowled yesterday. I would have left Morgan with the 2s and brought in Smith.

Darren Stevens will leave Kent at the end of the s[…]

Full title 'Race and Pace' the West Indian in East[…]

Leicestershire

NOTICE THAT THE FINAL MEMBERS FORUM IS SCHEDULED […]

Berg is back!

At 38 years of age, it is perhaps not entirely cle[…]