A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Jenks33 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:19 pm So if Fakhar does sign what do we think the starting XI will be against Somerset. A few people have said they think Salter will play but I'm not so sure. I get the impression that Maynard doesn't rate him at all. Am I right in saying that he wasn't involved in those games against Holland? Was he injured? I always think we look stronger with Cooke at 6 Wagg at 7 and Meschede 8 but Carlson hasn't done enough to bat in the top 5 in my opinion. If our top 4 is Lloyd, Fakhar, Ingram, Root with Cooke at 6 and Wagg at 7 who bats at 5?
Salter, as with a number of others, was in Sussex with the 2nd XI.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:55 pm
Jenks33 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:19 pm So if Fakhar does sign what do we think the starting XI will be against Somerset. A few people have said they think Salter will play but I'm not so sure. I get the impression that Maynard doesn't rate him at all. Am I right in saying that he wasn't involved in those games against Holland? Was he injured? I always think we look stronger with Cooke at 6 Wagg at 7 and Meschede 8 but Carlson hasn't done enough to bat in the top 5 in my opinion. If our top 4 is Lloyd, Fakhar, Ingram, Root with Cooke at 6 and Wagg at 7 who bats at 5?
Impossible to predict our selections this season, but wouldn't be surprised to see Morgan playing ahead of Salter.
I think Salter will play as has a good record bowling in T20. The bowling is key in T20 and you don't need a long batting line up for just 20 overs. If the top 5 don't get most of the runs you will struggle.

My predicted XI:
Lloyd
Fakhar
Ingram
Root
Cooke
Meschede
Wagg
Salter
de Lange
Carey (or TvdG)
Hogan
By glamman
Szymanski making a good start with the ball against Gloucs with figures so far of 2-1-1-2 removing Willows and the little known Michael Klinger.
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:19 pm
Nick_Glam wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:55 pm
Impossible to predict our selections this season, but wouldn't be surprised to see Morgan playing ahead of Salter.
I think Salter will play as has a good record bowling in T20. The bowling is key in T20 and you don't need a long batting line up for just 20 overs. If the top 5 don't get most of the runs you will struggle.

My predicted XI:
Lloyd
Fakhar
Ingram
Root
Cooke
Meschede
Wagg
Salter
de Lange
Carey (or TvdG)
Hogan
T20 is just a lottery with 20 overs in which to operate. Predicting a result before hand is extremely difficult, and therein lies it's charm, I guess.
hujon64 liked this
By hujon64
Here’s hoping that Fakhar can be as good a signing by Wallace as Labuschagne has been. Plenty of permutations for our T20 squad but very good to have competition.
By glamman
hujon64 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:17 pm Here’s hoping that Fakhar can be as good a signing by Wallace as Labuschagne has been. Plenty of permutations for our T20 squad but very good to have competition.
There are bowling options but I am not sure about the out and out batsmen. Hemphrey has never played a T20 and we will have to wait for Mitchell Marsh. Carlson is out of form. The big worry is Ingram who performed poorly in the Big Bash and the IPL.
By Nick_Glam
glamman wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:53 pm There are bowling options but I am not sure about the out and out batsmen. Hemphrey has never played a T20 and we will have to wait for Mitchell Marsh. Carlson is out of form. The big worry is Ingram who performed poorly in the Big Bash and the IPL.
Yes, the likes of Lawlor and Morgan have probably done more to deserve selection.
By Jenks33
Personally I think Morgan did enough against Holland and today to deserve a crack against Somerset.
Nick_Glam liked this
By glamman
Slightly odd that if Salter not going to get a look in that he was given a two year contract extension in February?
I stil fancy Salter to play infront of Morgan because of his experience. Bowling in T20 is not for the faint-hearted. #hidingtonothing
By JamesH
I think the following looks like a good team:

Fakhar, Lloyd, Ingram, M Marsh, Cooke, Root, Wagg, De Lange, Salter, Carey, Hogan.

And actually, I'd forgotten about Meschede, TvD, Hemphrey, Douthwaite, Smith. Seems like a good squad to me with a bit more depth than the 4 day side
By exileKT8
Agree JH, but is Farkar actually in the UK yet and has he got clearance ? At this late stage of the game there may not have been many options but I`m not too optimistic. We won`t see M. Marsh until the Aussie trial match is over, Stoinis seems to have fallen from grace so it won`t be a shock if Marsh is part of the Ashes squad. I`m sure the Marsh brothers are top men but their injuries and uncertainty of their availability has made life very difficult for HM and the coaches in the past two seasons.
By glamman
JamesH wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:26 am I think the following looks like a good team:

Fakhar, Lloyd, Ingram, M Marsh, Cooke, Root, Wagg, De Lange, Salter, Carey, Hogan.

And actually, I'd forgotten about Meschede, TvD, Hemphrey, Douthwaite, Smith. Seems like a good squad to me with a bit more depth than the 4 day side
That would be my team with Meschede coming in while Marsh not available.
By bobbly4
Squad Ingram Cooke Lloyd Lawler Morgan Root Carlson Douthwaite Wagg Salter De Lange Carey Hogan.

Fahkar unavailable.
By glamman
I assume Fahkar will also be unavailable for Friday's game.
Batting looks an issue and will need some big performances from the younger players. Quite a few of them have never played a 1st team T20.
My guess is that Lawlor and Morgan will miss out but who knows.
CC v Worcs

Good first day for us. Now can the batsmen give us[…]

www.glamorgancricket.com/news/13-man-squad-named-f[…]

AUSTRALIA

Eoin Morgan will not indicate to the spectators a […]

T20 Steelbacks

Ok, we're out of the RL Cup and it will need a mir[…]