A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By uskexile
johnwales wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:34 pm
And , why is James Harris not playing; we could do with him returning to the fold.

Middlesex Cricket regret to announce that following an x-ray after the recent County Championship match against Sussex James Harris has been diagnosed with a broken thumb.

When batting on the final day James was struck on the hand, and whilst in considerable pain, continued batting until he was dismissed. His right thumb was badly bruised and extremely sore so on the advice of the club's medical team James went for an x-ray to assess the damage.

A fracture to the right thumb was the diagnosis which will see James miss out on the away trip to Leicestershire and certainly the home fixture against Glamorgan at Radlett. The club will continue to monitor James' recovery and will post further injury updates when more is known.
By glamman
Each county has their own section but I am not sure how you can link threads.
By glamman
Middlesex will be tougher opponent than the last time we played them with Roland-Jones back. He has 9 wickets so far in their current match.
By glamman
The Div 2 table looks clearer now as 8 teams have played 9 matches and 2 have played 8 and they are occupying 8th and 9th spots (Gloucs and slightly surprisingly Worcs). The Lancs v Northants game looks like ending in a draw so Lancs will finish the week 7 points ahead of us. We are 21 points clear of 3rd placed Derbyshire. It is then pretty tight and most teams still have an opportunity to finish in the top three.
We are in a great position and hopefully can press on and not fade as when we were last here.

The remaining games are against:
Middx - currently 6th
Lancs - top
Worcs - 8th (game in hand)
Leics - bottom
Durham - 5th

Two wins should be enough and assume we will have Leics in our sights.
Vetchetarian, johnwales, Nick_Glam and 1 others liked this
By johnwales
I would like to thank Glamman for his contributions to this forum. He has a well balanced attitude to Glamorgan topics and obviously dedicates a lot of his time for our benefit.
Nick_Glam, hujon64, exileKT8 liked this
By Nick_Glam
johnwales wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:00 am
I would like to thank Glamman for his contributions to this forum. He has a well balanced attitude to Glamorgan topics and obviously dedicates a lot of his time for our benefit.
:clap:
hujon64 liked this
By hujon64
I would like to echo the comments of others regarding the contribution of glamman to this forum. I am a huge fandom Glamorgan and cricket generally but no expert so welcome his insights (and those of others) which I enjoy reading and make me more aware of happenings.
exileKT8 liked this
By glamman
Thanks for the feedback.

As people who read my posts will know, I am a big supporter of the players, especially the young ones and recognise the effort they put in. The coaching/management are open season for criticism but am pleased to say that they are doing a pretty good job this season. However the adage that it is better to be lucky than good still holds.
By glamman
Each county has named 14 man squads for tomorrow's game:
Glamorgan: Cooke+*, Selman, Hemphrey, Labuschagne, Root, Lloyd, Douthwaite, Wagg, Cullen, Morgan, de Lange, van der Gugten, Hogan and Carey
Middx: Dawid Malan, Ethan Bamber, Stephen Eskinazi, Nick Gubbins, James Harris, Tom Helm, Max Holden, Tim Murtagh, Sam Robson, Toby Roland-Jones, George Scott, John Simpson, Nathan Sowter, Robbie White

Middx bowling is the threat.

Expect Glamorgan to leave out one of the four seamers, Morgan and one from Wagg, Douthwaite and Cullen. Obviously they have all had a week's rest so should be fresh.
By Nick_Glam
A fine start by Carey to pick up 2 early wickets.

A decent catch by Labuschagne for the second as well.
By glamman
Good start. Need to get Malan out.
It appears that Douthwaite is favoured over Cullen as a batsman as he does not seem to be getting much bowling in recent games.

It will be interesting to see what they do about a spinner for the end of season Championship games when Labuschagne is gone. If the weather continues to be dry then spin must surely come into play. I assume Bull will be favoured if fit but it is a problem.
By notgoingoutreprise
Not sure it was the wisest decision to take of Hogan when he had taken 2 wickets and not sure about bowling Douthwaite
By glamman
Dropped catches proving expensive. Douthwaite going at almost 7 per over - the reason I do not see him bowling in T20.
Middx getting back into contention especially given their bowling.
By glamman
Glamorgan are letting things slip here:
Poor fielding and dropped catches - Troublesome late order runs - Some loose bowling with 52 from the 8 overs bowled by Lloyd and Douthwaite which weren't really needed.
Middx now looking to get comfortably past 300.
By glamman
It would be interesting to know the stats regarding the relative merits of Lloyd and Selman at slip. Personally I always have felt that Selman was the most reliable.
T20 Steelbacks

Ok, we're out of the RL Cup and it will need a mir[…]

Live Stream!

Hopefully for all T20 games https://www.glamorgan[…]

Massive queues for bag checks, no effort made to g[…]

Recently I've been reading many reports talking ab[…]