A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Nick_Glam
A horrible piece of cricket to start our innings, but at least some fight was shown from there onwards.

Hopefully the rain will come to our rescue and help us to save the game.
By Nick_Glam
A good effort from Lloyd, Cullen and Wagg to save the follow on and help us to a couple of batting points.
By glamman
Hanging on in there again. Runs again from Cullen but questions about his glove work that can negate his runs. Could say that he will hopefully learn but he is 27 so should be well versed in the art.
By glamman
Watching again this morning I certainly feel that fortune has favoured Middlesex in this game with more plays and misses especially off De Lange. Should not grumble as Glamorgan have had their fair share this season.
By JamesH
Could be an interesting finish this evening. Middlesex will desperately want another win under their belts. Do they set us 200-250 to chase and try to bowl us out in two sessions, or do they just bat us out of the game? Whereas last season I would have been worried, I have this strange sense of optimism that we'll come away with a draw today...
By psychocandy
They seem to have upped the scoring pace. Gubbins 36 in 36 balls. 247 ahead now. 57 overs left.

Reckon they might declare shortly.....
By Nick_Glam
Good to continue the unbeaten run even if the weather has helped us out a couple of times now.

A short rest before the next game, but as the bowlers didn't bowl all that many overs hopefully we can pick 3 seamers again.
By notgoingoutreprise
LLoyd continuing the run of Glamorgan captains who do not appear to want to bowl the designated spinner
By glamman
notgoingoutreprise wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:56 am LLoyd continuing the run of Glamorgan captains who do not appear to want to bowl the designated spinner
I think Morgan is in the team for his batting rather than his bowling. It appears that other than Bull there is no spinner in the squad that is selected as such. Not sure what has happened to Sisodiya. This is potentially going to be a big problem and I am not sure where the solution is coming from. I don’t know if there are any youngsters coming through - we just don’t have pitches that promote good spin bowling with bowlers in club cricket learning to just fire it in.
By Welwyn
Had a good couple of days down there, including a very illuminating chat with Tom Cullen who just decided to watch a bit from mid-wicket when we were 1 down in the 1st innings.
By glamman
Next week's opponents Middlesex are having another poor day with the bat against Gloucestershire - currently 134/7.
By johnwales
And , why is James Harris not playing; we could do with him returning to the fold.
By Nick_Glam
johnwales wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:34 pm And , why is James Harris not playing; we could do with him returning to the fold.
Is he still unfit due to a bad injury earlier in the season?
By johnwales
If there was a wider audience to this forum; i.e. contributions from the other counties, we would have a better idea of what is going on around the country.
Overseas

Events at Southampton suggest or confirm the fear […]

T20 signing for 2020

Nabi back for Kent next season for the Blast - bri[…]

The first two players released

Lawlor and Szymanski deemed surplus to requirement[…]

Maynard new 3 year deal

Maynard staying on as coach. Matthew Maynard: Gl[…]