A forum for Northamptonshire CCC fans
By Nick14
Back to the champ and another odd squad announced complete with a new overseas player and two loan signings - Wood is back, joined by Overton from Somerset. Cobb stays but no place for Curran (boo!) or Levi (Hurrah!). Rossington injured, Hutton, Blessing and C J White(!) all not fit/injured. Presume Zaib will miss out from the squad, so we will go: Newton, Vasconcelos, Bavuma, Wakely, Cobb, Keogh, Procter, Wood, Overton, Buck, Sanderson. Potential for a long tail there.....

Good luck boys!
By Nick14
Team was as I thought. I do wish they would play Curran in the champ team. Anyway, as I type we are 178-6 - one bright spot is that our new overseas bat made 39 - another is that Procter and Wood are saving us a bit as it was worse than this a while ago. Downsides are low scores for Wakely (2), Cobb (0), and Keogh (3).
By Nick14
We made 230 in the end thanks largely to Wood hitting 66. Lancs 36-2 so today is the key day. If our new look attack can limit them to something lowish then we are in it - if we toil and they go on signficantly beyond us then it would be difficult. Scoring seems slow - 18 overs for that 36 - and with wickets falling and bowlers playing with something to prove it could be a good day.....
By Bucksman
Yes, it's the familiar scenario of a lacklustre top order display, made more respectable by a greater determined effort later on, including a crucial contribution from an on-loan player.

I'm not too sure what the situation is with Luke Wood, initially signed for two CC games, disappears after the first, then is back for the third. Presuming this is his final participation, what a valuable player he would be if we could sign him proper from Notts.

Inevitably, Gleeson had an immediate impact against his former side in his first game this year, playing only, I imagine, as Anderson is currently incapacitated?
By Bucksman
Tidy bowling but, currently, little impression is being made on the home batting!
By Nick14
We toiled away - where would we be with Wood in this game?! But they are almost 50 ahead so unless we get the next 4 quickly we are likely to be up against it.
By Nick14
So....erm....this is going well. Two loan bowlers and a new overseas batsman. Same old story so far.
By Bucksman
Oh dear, can nobody stay in? Sadly, it's the age-old story, particularly at Old Trafford!
By Bucksman
10 wicket defeat! From 209-6, we allowed Lancs to recover to 415, from which point it was as good as game over. Yet again, we witnessed a frustrating succession of bats get starts but fail to make the impact necessary for a competitive score.

Well bowled Gleeson for his 10-for on his Lancs debut (it almost had to happen), but one can't help feeling that familiar sense of irony of the players we lift from obscurity, invest in their development, then 'suffer' the consequences of their skills being applied for another county.
By Den Buckett
Bucksman wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 12:07 pm
10 wicket defeat! From 209-6, we allowed Lancs to recover to 415, from which point it was as good as game over. Yet again, we witnessed a frustrating succession of bats get starts but fail to make the impact necessary for a competitive score.

Well bowled Gleeson for his 10-for on his Lancs debut (it almost had to happen), but one can't help feeling that familiar sense of irony of the players we lift from obscurity, invest in their development, then 'suffer' the consequences of their skills being applied for another county.
Bowlers allow batting team to recover. Batters get starts but no big scores. Where have I heard this before?

I've just come across this - which might interest […]

CC v Sussex

Another good start with Sussex at 68-6, but... wh[…]

Derbyshire

Not sure how we can rest both De Lange and TvdG. T[…]

Sussex

Tuesday game on Sky TV !!!!