A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
As suspected it is going to be tough for this attack to take 20 wickets. The 2nd new ball is going to be vital. By then Gloucs will be around 300+. Seems bizarre that Carey not playing.
By glamman
Donald with a typical 75 off 56 balls with 12 x 4s and 2 x 6s. Went in at 7. Looking at the highlights there were the usual slashing shots and really not what is going to take him forward in the longer format. Came off today but no signs of being able to adapt to the circumstances. Hampshire were 171/5 when he went in.
By glamman
The only reason I can see for Carey not playing is if he is injured. But that seems unlikely given that the only other player in the squad is Hogan who was already an injury worry. Carey was comfortably the tighest of the bowlers in the 50 over games.
Bowlers not being helped by the number of catches being put down.
By glamman
Odd that Labuschagne bowling his liquorice Allsorts ahead of Bull. Sums up a pretty ordinary performance in the field by Glamorgan initiated by the odd selection. With this attack you cannot afford to drop catches.
By glamman
Selman's poor form from the end of last season continues. I hope we can bat more resolutely for the rest of the day as this pitch is as flat as the one they played Northants on.
By bobbly4
Labuschagne has lasted 2 balls. Watched him bat a few times now and am wondering why he is considered to be an international class batsman. He had a flat wicket to play on here and a second division attack. Whatever we are paying him it's too much!
By JamesH
Hemphrey out for 60 but I'm encouraged to see him scoring runs at the top of the order. We seem to have a lot of batsman who are capable of batting at 4 or below so maybe this is where he can fit in.
By exileKT8
Not a good day after we had seen some promise in the 50 over games.

Plenty of valid points raised on here as always.
If selections and batting orders raise eyebrows I think that goes with the territory with MM who as a player, captain and coach has done things his way and has been willing to experiment. It may be an interesting journey this season.
If it is a flat batting track let`s hope it`s flat enough for us to bat 5 more sessions to save the game.
I wondered if Selman`s absence from the Royal London meant MM doesn`t rate him, well he`s here but you would think needs some runs. As does our overseas Test batsman, whatever the team and batting order, reasonable to expect better from him than a 2 ball duck on a flat track v Gloucs missing their overseas bowler.

Let`s hope Cooke`s ankle is not serious and he can use up some overs with Wagg and TVDG in the morning.
By glamman
All out and still 213 runs behind. This against probably the weakest bowling attack they will come up against this season, Gloucs having lost Miles and Norwell over the winter and their overseas seamer unavailable. Has to be better in the 2nd innings.
By psychocandy
Back to same old rubbish.

Certain batsmen just not good enough.
Bowlers try hard but can't bowl sides out.

How many times have we seen a side post a big total and thought "pitch must be flat", then Glamorgan prove they can get a low score on it?

I've just come across this - which might interest […]

CC v Sussex

Another good start with Sussex at 68-6, but... wh[…]

Derbyshire

Not sure how we can rest both De Lange and TvdG. T[…]

Sussex

Tuesday game on Sky TV !!!!