A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
What frustrates me is that we have brought in / kept players with skill sets we already had in abundance (all-rounders) and then tried to turn our youngsters into players they never were i.e. top order batsmen. We had plenty of all rounders and did not need Meschede or to keep Wagg. Murphy and Morgan were bowlers who batted a bit. What we needed and still need was a couple of experienced batsmen.
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:18 pm
What frustrates me is that we have brought in / kept players with skill sets we already had in abundance (all-rounders) and then tried to turn our youngsters into players they never were i.e. top order batsmen. We had plenty of all rounders and did not need Meschede or to keep Wagg. Murphy and Morgan were bowlers who batted a bit. What we needed and still need was a couple of experienced batsmen.
Your frustration is shared by many, and what you highlight indicates that those in charge are not very savvy when it comes to creating a balanced First Class cricket team.
By johnwales
Give five or six Glamorgan batsmen conditional contracts. Send then out to Australia this winter to play Grade Cricket. If they fail to shine, then they are no good to Glamorgan !!!
By glamman
Interesting article on the BBC website. Meschede the only player yet to be signed for next year. Perhaps money could be better spent. I guess the person most guilty of taking us to this point is Paul Russell and his grandiose ideas.
By glamman
johnwales wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:19 pm
Give five or six Glamorgan batsmen conditional contracts. Send then out to Australia this winter to play Grade Cricket. If they fail to shine, then they are no good to Glamorgan !!!
Not sure how many would get in to a 1st grade side.
johnwales liked this
By johnwales
Well if they failed in the Grade game, then kick them out of Glamorgan C C .
How do the likes of Murphy, Selman and Salter spend their week. They now have four days off before the game in Canterbury; how many hours will be spent in the nets during that time.

Most overseas players are in it for the money, and find the T20 format an ideal base to spend their old age ! My guess is Glamorgan are poor employers and offer low wages,
even though the governing body paid them over £1m and put them into credit. I believe Cardiff Council also wiped clean considerable debts. What is Uncle Hugh doing with this money. If they paid out enough I am sure they would be able to sign Steve Smith and Dave Warner. Sod the fact they cheated ; Glamorgan have been cheating all season !!!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]