A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:05 pm
They've gone with a 22 year old who has played 2 1st class games but is an opener with Adams dropping down to 3. Planning for the future. When Rossouw comes back it's difficult to see Donald playing.
Could be that Donald is undertaking psychiatric help before being called upon to bat. His self esteem must have been very low when he left Glam.
By bobbly4
Most likely signed as replacement for Adams or Ervine who are retiring at the end of this season.
Since he was unlikely to get a game at Glamorgan the loan arrangement for the rest of this season makes sense in terms of money saving for Glamorgan and giving Hampshire opportunity to work with Donald.
By glamman
bobbly4 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:44 am
Most likely signed as replacement for Adams or Ervine who are retiring at the end of this season.
Since he was unlikely to get a game at Glamorgan the loan arrangement for the rest of this season makes sense in terms of money saving for Glamorgan and giving Hampshire opportunity to work with Donald.
Not really going to replace Adams who opens but certainly might be a replacement for Ervine in white ball cricket. Interestingly Ervine played in the previous two Championship games but is not playing in this one and Donald has not come in so not sure if they see him as a red ball player. The other problem is that Ervine would bowl so again not a perfect fit.
By bobbly4
Agree it's not a like for like signing. My point was that Hampshire will be batsmen light within their squad with these players leaving. Where Donald will fit in only they will know. Getting him now rather than when he is out of contract will give them more time to find out which was my second point.
By glamman
Hants have made a lot of signings in the last 12 months so you would expect them to want to give a couple of their own products a chance. Could be frustrating for Donald particularly as 2nd team games are pretty well over now.
By johnwales
Hampshire play very little 2nd X1 cricket, so I expect Donald is enjoying a bonding programme.
By glamman
I assume they play the same number of competitive 2nd XI games as everyone else.
By johnwales
I stand corrected Glamman, Hampshire have a game next week; but I am not sure if it is possible to download the scores.
By psychocandy
I was there to see his 200 in CB a few years ago and thought "WOW"

However, I've run out of patience with him. He was doing nothing for Glamorgan. Whether its him or the Glam system I guess we'll see how he does at Hants.

I guess Hants see something in him but I hope they didn't spend too much on him because he could well be a disaster.
By johnwales
Aneurin Donald batted at number 3 for Hampshire seconds against Lancashire . He hit five fours in an innings of 40 in 47 minutes before being bowled. Two or three other players managed 40 or more runs, but playing him at three may be a significant strategy regards his career with Hants.
By Shamu
johnwales wrote:Aneurin Donald batted at number 3 for Hampshire seconds against Lancashire . He hit five fours in an innings of 40 in 47 minutes before being bowled. Two or three other players managed 40 or more runs, but playing him at three may be a significant strategy regards his career with Hants.
The gulf between second team cricket and the firsts is as wide as the gulf between Donald’s ego and his performance levels. Was shown an interview on Hampshire website where he reveals his reasons for moving - what an arrogant young lad he is.
By johnwales
I would compare the difference between 1st X1 and 2nd X1 as comparable to footballs Premiership and the Championship. If first X1 players do not progress through this format, they would be playing for Port Talbot C C ,
By Vetchetarian
johnwales wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:23 pm
Aneurin Donald is in the Hampshire 13 squad. Let us hope he comes good !!!
Well, they haven't rushed him into the team, so maybe he's been worked on. It will be fascinating to see if he scores a lot of runs.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]