A forum for Northamptonshire CCC fans
By Nick14
Gutted for him and for the team - very bad news indeed. Hope he gets well soon and it does not effect his career too much.
By onemorerun
[quote="Nick14"]
Gutted for him and for the team - very bad news indeed. Hope he gets well soon and it does not effect his career too much.
[/quote]

Agree with all that.

As for Boblarkin's comment re loans, they (Ripley, I think) said after last week's T20 that they had already been offered some very good players on loan, so you never know, we might get lucky (about time!)
By chris
[quote="boblarkin"]
Out for season.

http://www.northantscricket.com/club/ne ... ry-update/

Hardly surprising for those who were there on Friday.

What does it mean for us? We will have to get someone in on loan just to keep the squad numbers up but, with all respect, he is unlikely to be a front line bowler rather than a journeyman.
[/quote]

All credit to the club for updating its members and supporters on such matters.  I can't remember Lancashire providing any information on injured players which is not already public knowledge.  It's normally only admitted if the Manchester Evening News carry a story first.  For instance LCCC only admitted Guptill injured after MEN tweeted news his injury.  Club copied their tweet two minutes later.

Lancashire Lightning Squad v Northamptonshire

Steven Croft (C), Nathan Buck, Karl Brown, Jos Buttler (W), Jordan Clark, Rob Jones, Toby Lester, Liam Livingstone, Saqib Mahmood, Stephen Parry, Alviro Petersen, Luke Procter, Tom Smith.
Last edited by chris on Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By onemorerun
This 'keeping us informed' is something of a 'first' for the club, so let's hope it continues - members and followers do like to know what's going on.

As for the Northants squad, we are getting to the stage (again) where anyone fit will play.  I heard Steeler the Dog's getting a game.  Can we prepare a pitch for Prasanna, Panesar, White, Keogh and Cobb?
By Bucksman
[quote="chris"]

Steven Croft (C), Nathan Buck, Karl Brown, Jos Buttler (W), Jordan Clark, Rob Jones, Toby Lester, Liam Livingstone, Saqib Mahmood, Stephen Parry, Alviro Petersen, Luke Procter, Tom Smith.
[/quote]
Interesting to see Nathan Buck included in the squad, in particular (if he gets a game)... I was wondering what had happened to him, as his senior appearances seem to have been infrequent at best since joining Lancs.
By Scrapie
I've still got my kit in the back of the garage, I can't run any more but could I still get a game?
By chris
[quote="Bucksman"]
[quote="chris"]

[/quote]
Interesting to see Nathan Buck included in the squad, in particular (if he gets a game)... I was wondering what had happened to him, as his senior appearances seem to have been infrequent at best since joining Lancs.
[/quote]

Was injured a fair bit last year, and only featured in the RL50 so far this season.  Hasn't been setting the 2nds a light either, but impressive figures today: 10-3-45-3

Was surprised to see Procter playing ahead of Jones.
By Nick14
So becomes another Willey - a player highly prized even though they play not much cricket for us - then leave!
By Bucksman
Test debut time... congratulations to our old boy! Hopefully, the club will gain some form of financial benefit from his newly elevated status.
By Bucksman
And here he is, batting before lunch on the first day of a Test against Ireland. Who'd have thought it?? :no:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]