Any news or views on International Cricket
By davee
The current format of Test Cricket Tours is going to lead to the end of Test Cricket, everywhere home sides are dominating to such an extent that matches are no longer competitive, this will soon lead to both live and TV audiences disappearing.
The cause of this I would venture that it is the format of the Tours, sides arriving ill prepared with little acclimatization time before going into a Test Match, the result is a series all over at the half way way mark.
What is the answer, return to the old format of Test Tours with plenty of warm up matches, with Counties fielding strong sides?
By LankyShark
davee wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:40 pm
What is the answer, return to the old format of Test Tours with plenty of warm up matches, with Counties fielding strong sides?

YES.
By chris
LankyShark wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:52 pm
davee wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:40 pm

YES.
More likely to be an end to 5 match series (and 4 day test matches). Less dead games in best of three. Less lost days in shorter matches.
Lots of supporters will still enjoy one sided wins.
By davee
The Cricket Fan wants a good contest and his team to win a match that goes the distance, only the 'Boozers' want the one sided contest. The present situation will be the death of the game in all formats, Tests will go first then 50 overs and T20/ 100 ball will be unsustainable as the players will not be there.
By Vetchetarian
For many, winning is the only thing they are interested in, and the bigger the margin of victory, the better.
I have the opposite viewpoint, and don't mind losing a tight match.
Such one sided victories as we are currently witnessing must be deleterious to the ultimate welfare of cricket.
I stopped following these pointless encounters many years ago, and now couldn't care less who England are playing.
By chris
Vetchetarian wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:38 pm
For many, winning is the only thing they are interested in, and the bigger the margin of victory, the better.
I have the opposite viewpoint, and don't mind losing a tight match.
Such one sided victories as we are currently witnessing must be deleterious to the ultimate welfare of cricket.
I stopped following these pointless encounters many years ago, and now couldn't care less who England are playing.
Anderson's exploits are just about the only thing keeping me interested at the moment. Roll on 600!!
davee wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:11 am
The Cricket Fan wants a good contest and his team to win a match that goes the distance, only the 'Boozers' want the one sided contest. The present situation will be the death of the game in all formats, Tests will go first then 50 overs and T20/ 100 ball will be unsustainable as the players will not be there.
wonder what the percentage split is between Cricket Fans and 'Boozers'?
By LankyShark
First of all you have to define who is a “cricket fan” and who is a “boozer”.

The line can be very thin and that doesn’t just include regular cricket fans who drink a lot.

I work in a business centre. I first spoke to one of the other tenants many years ago now and he told me he was watching the Test Match on SkyGo. He looked forward to the opportunity to be able to take his son (now sons) to watch cricket at OT. Sadly however as far as I am aware the only time he has actually got there was to go to a Test Match and sit in the Party Stand with friends, boozing.

I've just come across this - which might interest […]

CC v Sussex

Another good start with Sussex at 68-6, but... wh[…]

Derbyshire

Not sure how we can rest both De Lange and TvdG. T[…]

Sussex

Tuesday game on Sky TV !!!!