Any news or views on International Cricket
By hujon64
It’s very embarrassing for our England (and Wales but no Welshmen) team but, our Glamorgan man, Marcus Labuschagn, has scored many more than the whole England team and shown technique, determination, skill and spirit. I really hope we have done enough for him to want to come back to us next year - inspirational! Smith and Labuschagne sounds very daunting!
By Vetchetarian
hujon64 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:46 pm It’s very embarrassing for our England (and Wales but no Welshmen) team but, our Glamorgan man, Marcus Labuschagn, has scored many more than the whole England team and shown technique, determination, skill and spirit. I really hope we have done enough for him to want to come back to us next year - inspirational! Smith and Labuschagne sounds very daunting!
Enlisting Labuschagne this season proved to be a major coup. His stock went up, and a couple of excellent knocks for his country has sent it even higher. His remuneration will also increase accordingly, and I would expect Counties with deeper pockets than Glam's to take him next season.
By Vetchetarian
Interesting comment on BBC site, viz, the only batsman who seems comfortable batting is the one who has been playing County cricket regularly. Mr. Labuschagne, presumably being referred to. No real surprise there as far as I 'm concerned. Batting, proper batting that is, has been ruined by the accursed short form.
By johnwales
Not many options for the Aussie selectors if Smith returns for the 3 rd. Test. They can either play Wade as an opener, and drop Harris, or they can drop Payne, give the gloves to Wade, and pass the captaincy to Smith.
By Vetchetarian
They must surely find a place for Labuschagne. Failing that, England could insist that since he played for Glam, he qualifies for them. :)
By Vetchetarian
You simply have to admire the Australian cricketers.

After being rolled over very cheaply on Day 1, and with the sun shining on Day 2, the scene was set for England to bat themselves into a match winning first innings lead. But the wonderful Aussies were having none of that, and steamrollered a hapless England team, who were all out for 67.

Australia are in the driving seat, and although the game isn't over, and strange things can, and do, happen, it just goes to show that you underestimate them at your peril.

It's why they are my favourite International team.
By TWrex
Root and Stokes to start again, with Bairstow and Buttler to follow. Fifty runs each and that's just about job done. Looks very easy written down.
Hopefully Joe Denly will be in the record books for ever, the lowest top score in England's Test History. He has been top scorer in the first innings of the last two tests. Sounds good, but not quite so impressive when the total of his efforts come to 42.
Mike Atherton mentioned there were some Premium Tickets available for tomorrow, they are £140. Worth it, perhaps, to be there and witness England create History and triumph, very expensive if the Aussie bowlers wrap it up quickly.
Fingers firmly crossed, I have booked my seat on the sofa, good value with no booking fee, drinks and snacks on hand.
By johnwales
The number of incidents where batsmen get struck on the head is increasing dramatically !!
Perhaps there should be a rule change which awards the side batting 4 runs each time the ball comes into contact with the head. We do not want any more fatalities in the game, and it is obvious that the present head gear is not effective enough to avoid injuries.
By TWrex
A welcome lunch break to ease the nerves for a while. Bring on The Hundred, not being interested I wont have to suffer all this stress. Looks like the public didn't go for the bargain premium seats judging by the tv pictures. The cricket has ousted the premier league from their main event channel, pity it is not on free to air to grip the nation like the World Cup Final.
Now for a lie on the sofa with a damp towel over my head for twenty minutes to prepare for what is to come.
By TWrex
And what a nice quite relaxing afternoon we all have had :yikes:
By TWrex
Australia's terrible and desperate review the over before cost them the test match, they burnt their bridges. If they had not done it they would have won the test and retained the Ashes.
By notgoingoutreprise
johnwales wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:40 pm The review system must be reviewed. Coast Australia a victory.
If Australia did not ask for a review to a ball pitching 6 inches outside leg they would had a review to use properly
By Vetchetarian
The dust has settled on what proved to be a remarkable Test Match. I'm personally sad that The Aussies lost, but I can see why I am probably in the minority with that view point. . A tie would have been great as both teams would have walked away with something to be proud of.
In a world that shared my beliefs/ opinions, Stokes wouldn't have been playing. He is a vicious thug and should have been sent to prison for GBH. The fact that he wasn't speaks volumes for the corrupt system we live under. The ordinary man in the street would have been jailed.
The cricketing authorities should have told Stokes that his England career was over after his attack on the man in Bristol. That they didn't do that merely confirms my previous comment. He was clearly too useful for the England cause to just throw him away. Shame on them.
But, I hear many say, he won us the game. A price too high, is my response.
To all those gloating and enjoying the glorious win, would you be feeling quite so overjoyed if it were one of your family, or friends, that Stokes had attacked ?
CC v Durham

Our last two wickets put on 67, of which Hutton an[…]

Yorkshire v Kent

With Kent 39 f 5 on Monday, whilst still hoping so[…]

Leicestershire

NOTICE THAT THE FINAL MEMBERS FORUM IS SCHEDULED […]