A forum for Northamptonshire CCC fans
By saintcobbler
is county cricket cancelled? No wonder England players have struggled to play test matches (current test excluded). Whoever dreamt up the Hundred should be given a hundred. I've lost my love for the game, anyone else?
By Vetchetarian
saintcobbler wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:33 pm is county cricket cancelled? No wonder England players have struggled to play test matches (current test excluded). Whoever dreamt up the Hundred should be given a hundred. I've lost my love for the game, anyone else?
" Is County cricket cancelled " ?

Not yet, but it has been seriously sidelined by T20, ( Whackit ), and The Hundred, ( Son of Whackit, or Whackitlite ).

Sadly, the once great game of cricket has been undone with the need to satisfy a different audience. It's all about money and the need to pay huge salaries to the mercenaries who nowadays travel the world filling their boots with short form tournament participation their
main interest.. The long game is on notice I fear, and I share your dismay.

I have little interest in T20, or The Hundred, but really did enjoy the recent 50 over competition. Hopefully that will continue, but the money men may have something to say about that. After all, 50 overs equates to 2 and a half T20's. 😀😀😀😀
CC v Durham

Again, our old bete noire, Chris Rushworth lays ba[…]