A forum for Northamptonshire CCC fans
By Den Buckett
Hutton and Kerrigan make their first appearances in the competition.
By onemorerun
Yep, out go Rossington, Wakely, Levi, Berg and Buck. In come Gay, Keogh, Procter, Kerrigan and Hutton.

I'd have thought Wakely and Levi needed more time at the wicket before the T20 next week, assuming they'll be picked, which in Wakely's case I don't think should be a certainty.
By Shamu
Can’t recall ever seeing such a poor example of bowling / captaincy to gift 120 runs for the last wicket. Absolute comedy gold. :brickwall:
By onemorerun
All the good work thrown away. I should think this entire bowling attack has just ruled itself out of selection for the T20. Sanderson, Glover, Buck, Berg and G White (plus Cobb) looks the likely line-up for next week.
By onemorerun
onemorerun wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:36 pm All the good work thrown away. I should think this entire bowling attack has just ruled itself out of selection for the T20. Sanderson, Glover, Buck, Berg and G White (plus Cobb) looks the likely line-up for next week.
Second innings - ditto.
By Den Buckett
A very strange match with just enough play today to get over the line. Well played to Gay and Thurston.

Interesting to hear coach Sadler say he can't explain the problems with bowling at tail-enders.

I can think of 3 reasons

1.change of tactics - instead of continuing the same thing that has got the top order out, they seem to think that changing the field/bowling plans is required

2. in this match it was just a case of plain dreadful bowling!...easy stuff for tailenders to hit.

3. bottle - we needed 2 wickets to win the match, I really do feel they lost their bottle as has happened so often when trying to win matches in the last few seasons.
Statistics

Hello All, Good to see some cricket via live stre[…]

Return of crowds

Any thoughts on the return of crowds to The Count[…]

Glamorgan v Sussex

Are we foreseeing any changes in the side? Any new[…]

Glammy 2s v Lancs 2s

Playing up at Northern CC in Crosby. Team is JM C[…]