A forum for Northamptonshire CCC fans
By Bucksman
Now we have Matt Coles on a month's loan, replacing the departed Luke Wood. He's been round the circuit a bit over the years, but at least now with a little more time to become 'part of the team.'

No surprises about bowling first, but the last thing we want to see is another recovery, following the familiar good work with the new ball, Sanderson again to the fore.
By Bucksman
Lancashire have done the business against Worcs. Again, we seem to be struggling a little to do likewise with the lower order!
By Shortlegs
Indeed......so frustrating that we can't finish teams off. Now approaching the hundred partnership for the 8th wicket.
By Bucksman
This 'reverse batting order' syndrome has struck in virtually every game this season and we appear to be no nearer overcoming its effects! Today's forecast is pretty gloomy, though, and our batting, if it gets started, is likely to be under the cosh.
By Den Buckett
It has happened so many times there must be a reason for it. Is it the ball going soft? Is it the bowlers tiring? Maybe we are just not ruthless enough to go for the kill?

Another loan player, surely this is no way to run a club. It is not as if we have a huge list of injuries. Is there no youngster we can give a chance to as this method will not develop the club.

Interesting that Cobb lost his place. I am not a big Cobb fan, but he does have a much better batting average than Curran, Wakely and Bavuma who all retained their places.
By Shortlegs
Who is currently injured and where (if anywhere) does the club publish information on injured players? I, for one, only find out about injuries through others or by chance.
By Bucksman
Shortlegs wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:51 am Who is currently injured and where (if anywhere) does the club publish information on injured players? I, for one, only find out about injuries through others or by chance.

The answer is the club (in common with many other counties) don't publish such information, certainly not on a bulletin basis. It's all left to hearsay and if you happen to be acquainted with someone in the know.

For example, I heard it said at the ground that Blessing has stress fracture in his back (not sure exactly where) and is unlikely to reappear this season... we can only speculate, really!

A steady start, now we are finally batting. The tricky part for the openers is to settle in again after the lunch interval.
By Shortlegs
Shame about Blessing if that's true. I think he could have been a key player this year with his added height giving the attack some much needed variety.
Kent

Nick Webb has reported that Carlson has replaced M[…]

2nd XI

Absolutely pathetic from the Glamorgan media that […]

Overseas

Events at Southampton suggest or confirm the fear […]

AUSTRALIA

Eoin Morgan will not indicate to the spectators a […]