A forum for Northamptonshire CCC fans
By onemorerun
Holder injured apparently.

Report on NCCC site that "rain gave the points to Lancashire". An inadequate total and failing to take wickets may also have had something to do with it!

One win from four games probably means we are effectively out of this competition.
By Bucksman
onemorerun wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:33 pm Report on NCCC site that "rain gave the points to Lancashire". An inadequate total and failing to take wickets may also have had something to do with it!

Tend to agree, but these DL jobs, with the side losing the toss usually finding themselves batting first, are more often than not reduced to something of a lottery.

With Holder out, have we now unearthed a new sensation in Ian Holland (via Hampshire), an American-born UK passport holding Aussie (an English father) right handed all-rounder (his bowling wasn't up to much today), with no real weight of expectation on him?

It's the usual indifferent start to the reply but, without Rutherford, the Worcs total would not have amounted to a great deal.
By onemorerun
Beaten again.

We are a 2020 team. Or at least I'm hoping we are, because we don't seem to be either a championship or a one-day team.
By Den Buckett
onemorerun wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:08 pm Beaten again.

We are a 2020 team. Or at least I'm hoping we are, because we don't seem to be either a championship or a one-day team.
Personally I don't feel we have the players to succeed in the T20 either. It is going to be the long hard season I expected despite the positive talk over the winter. I don't think getting rid of the captain or coach will improve it now, the big changes were required in the close season. All of the batsmen had their chance today to lead us to victory and failed once again.
By Bucksman
It is not as if we are playing badly as such. Mediocrity in all departments seems to be the dominant force at present.

Ripley has bemoaned poor decision making in the latest defeat by Worcs and, looking at the bowling analyses, one wonders why the most economical, Muzarabani in particular, bowled only five overs. But then we have seen this before with Wakely's handling of the attack!

Full title 'Race and Pace' the West Indian in East[…]

Berg is back!

At 38 years of age, it is perhaps not entirely cle[…]

CC v Durham

Our last two wickets put on 67, of which Hutton an[…]

Leicestershire

NOTICE THAT THE FINAL MEMBERS FORUM IS SCHEDULED […]