A forum for Northamptonshire CCC fans
By Bucksman
With Luke Wood having returned to Notts already after just the one game, Blessing gets his chance... steady if not, so far, spectacular! Still no Curran, Cobb retains his place. Steady start by the home side including Aussie, Labuschagne.
By onemorerun
Glamorgan 471-6 off 110 overs. So two bowling points for us (doesn't seem right, somehow!)

Latest - 570-8 off 125 overs, so 99 runs in last 15 overs.

This could be a long season.

ps Second XI are playing Notts - with Saif Zaib and Graeme White getting a game. I thought they'd both gone!
By Bucksman
When was the last time Glam had three century makers in one innings, I wonder? Clearly, a useful toss to win, we have it all to do now to save the game.

One can't help but fear for our attack on flat pitches like this... no doubt, the home bowlers will extract more life from this surface, particularly in the face of such a mountainous score.

Yes, Saif Zaib is still around and was to be seen exercising on the outfield last week during the Middx game. Graeme White has joined the ever expanding ranks of white ball-only players...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/44537190
By timhealings
Well it appears the pitch is flatter than a witches t*t, however I’m quite encouraged by the batting effort by glam. I think our bowling attack had been pretty good for years but we’ve really struggled for runs. When I looked at the batting line up yesterday i felt it was far stronger than previous years. I’ve a good feeling about this season!
By onemorerun
Not flat enough for Northants apparently.

Even on this pitch we can't get close to five batting points, and Glamorgan scored about 100 more in their 110 overs. Keogh takes 21 balls to get off the mark.
By Den Buckett
onemorerun wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:42 pm

Even on this pitch we can't get close to five batting points, and Glamorgan scored about 100 more in their 110 overs. Keogh takes 21 balls to get off the mark.
We needed to make sure we avoided the follow on to get the 5 points for the draw rather than going all out for 1 extra batting point.
By onemorerun
Den Buckett wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:40 pm
onemorerun wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:42 pm

We needed to make sure we avoided the follow on to get the 5 points for the draw rather than going all out for 1 extra batting point.
True earlier in the innings, but I think we got to the stage where at around 350-2 it was pretty obvious we would easily avoid the follow-on (as has been proved), and yet we slowed to a crawl. From overs 100 to 110 we were scoring at 2 an over.

As we learnt 2 years ago, one point can be the difference between promotion or no promotion.
By Bucksman
A Wakely declaration (despite the pedestrian scoring rate) would have made things more interesting, but , realistically, was never going to happen on this pitch and at such an early stage of the season.

At least, after two dismal seasons, Keogh finally has some runs under his belt. Unfortunately, we now have a solid month of the one-day stuff stretching ahead of us!
By onemorerun
This is a serious question, so I hope Glamorgan fans don't take offence, but can anyone explain why, if you prepare a pitch that unduly favours bowlers, you risk a points deduction, whereas if you prepare a pitch that unduly favours batsmen, there seems to be no sanction?

You could see this being abused at the end of the season, if the home team could secure promotion by simply preventing a win for the visitors.

If the current Northants team can score 750, it cannot possibly be an acceptable playing surface. I was pleased we didn't break the record for our highest score, as that was in a proper match which we ended up winning (Notts 527, Northants 781-7, Kumble bowled Notts out again - a bit different to this latest fiasco).
By Vetchetarian
onemorerun wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:26 pm
This is a serious question, so I hope Glamorgan fans don't take offence, but can anyone explain why, if you prepare a pitch that unduly favours bowlers, you risk a points deduction, whereas if you prepare a pitch that unduly favours batsmen, there seems to be no sanction?

You could see this being abused at the end of the season, if the home team could secure promotion by simply preventing a win for the visitors.

If the current Northants team can score 750, it cannot possibly be an acceptable playing surface. I was pleased we didn't break the record for our highest score, as that was in a proper match which we ended up winning (Notts 527, Northants 781-7, Kumble bowled Notts out again - a bit different to this latest fiasco).
Your question is a reasonable one, and I doubt any Glam follower would take umbrage at it.

The game was a travesty, and surely something must be done to eradicate such encounters.

Is it perhaps time to limit first innings to a set number of overs ?
20/20 squad

If our star Oz batsmen ( can’t spell name :[…]

There are claims that England were allocated an ex[…]

Somerset T20

So first four overs and last one we score 83 and i[…]

T20 Steelbacks

Ok, we're out of the RL Cup and it will need a mir[…]