A forum for Northamptonshire CCC fans
By Den Buckett
A quiet off season so far. It is worrying as most activity seems to take place towards the end or straight after the season. I think if we were after players from other counties it would have happened by now. We have tied up a few players who showed a little bit of promise at the end of last season and I'm sure they are still looking at overseas possibilities. It is very worrying though to think that we have lost a lot of our better players and not replaced them. There is no doubts we are short of batsmen, allrounders and a spinner.
By onemorerun
Good we've got Bazuma (if only for half a season). Arguably a more than adequate replacement for Duckett. And Muzabarani to sort of replace Gleason. Otherwise nothing, I think.
By Bucksman
onemorerun wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:34 pm
Otherwise nothing, I think.

The skipper and Nathan Buck have signed contract extensions!

Season's best to all.
By HogstyEndSteelback
To top up the Bavuma signing what a great signing Holder is in the first part of the season. Our overseas signings this year are all good ones
By Bucksman
HogstyEndSteelback wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:04 pm
To top up the Bavuma signing what a great signing Holder is in the first part of the season. Our overseas signings this year are all good ones

We can only hope the weather will be conducive to play, particularly in the case of Holder, so early in the season. No sooner will he be settled in, then he'll be off to fulfil his other commitments.
By Den Buckett
HogstyEndSteelback wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:04 pm
Yes the new overseas signings do seem to be an upgrade on Kleinveldt. However I don't think Holder/Bavuma are going to solve our batting issues in the Championship if we are still persevering with the likes of Keogh, Wakely and Levi. Also nothing to suggest an improvement in the spin department and nothing to add more batting down the order. I think the new overseas players could get us a few more wins than last season, but overall I'm expecting another struggle unless we get some good loan signings.
Jack Murphy

A shame that he has been forced to retire at such […]

Derbyshire

Another interesting squad selected for this game w[…]

Middlesex

Seamer rotation continues. TvdG has a good record […]