A forum for Northamptonshire CCC fans
By onemorerun
Den Buckett wrote:Well there's not much to say. We look unlikely to get a single win in this competition which is quite a change from when we were competitive in more or less every match.
"Not much to say" says it all.

Lee Daggett on commentary said it was as one-sided a match as you could get. Radical change needed. Captain Coetzer?
By Bucksman
Following the giveaway to Leics, we now seem to be paying the penalty as fully fledged whipping boys to the rest although, with eleven matches remaining, we're not quite out of it yet... at least we don't have return games against Notts and Lancs!

We were actually 62-1 at one point yesterday, so we can only hope that a degree of professional pride will drive the players towards the necessary improvement in performance.
By LankyShark
at 62/1 I was getting a little nervous. That was of course from 5.5 overs. The next ball was either an outstanding or a fluke catch depending on how you view it, and perhaps that wicket, also being the end of the powerplay turned the game.

I don’t think that you will lose all 14 games by any stretch of the imagination. I do have to say though that I hadn’t realised that there wasn’t a return game and I am a little disappointed to discover it. Perhaps your fielding wasn’t quite as good as some teams.

Or perhaps you should just have played more of your former Lancs players!!
By Bucksman
LankyShark wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:58 am
Or perhaps you should just have played more of your former Lancs players!!

Injured, of course... in company with quite a few others! :yes:
By onemorerun
Fourth match against Worcestershire (away) - starts at 5.30.

14 man squad announced - Nathan Buck, Josh Cobb, Kyle Coetzer, Steven Crook, Ben Duckett, Brett Hutton, Rory Kleinveldt, Richard Levi, Seekkuge Prasanna, Ben Sanderson, Ricardo Vasconcelos, Alex Wakely (capt), Graeme White, Saif Zaib.

No Gleeson or Procter - silence on the club site but I'm assuming they're both injured. Worcestershire are top of the group after three wins, we're bottom after three defeats. Could have been very different but for (a) running into Dan Christian in top form and (b) half an hour of total insanity against Leics. We're not as bad as we have looked and certainly capable of putting a few wins together.

I'd like to see Coetzer in the team - our batting looks vulnerable, but who to drop? Crook's form is worse than most.
By Bucksman
onemorerun wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:34 am
No Gleeson or Procter - silence on the club site but I'm assuming they're both injured.

We're not as bad as we have looked and certainly capable of putting a few wins together.

Procter was playing, as was Saif Zaib, for the 2nds in the friendly, just finished, against Glam 2nds at Campbell Park, and looked to be moving quite comfortably. I agree with your final sentence!
By onemorerun
Start delayed by rain! Astonished, as I'm sweltering in blinding sun where I am (not a million miles away).

Why is Procter not in the squad? Crook in for old time's sake?
By onemorerun
Worcs are cheating! They've got a man who's played the game before - Pennington, aged 19, second match in his career, 2 overs, 4 for 9. Then there's Brown, also aged 19, 2 overs, 2 for 14.

Men against boys. Every match more pathetic than the last. Bucksman and I might have been wrong when we said we weren't as bad as we seemed.

Next match, select a random eleven from the crowd. Or select the cheerleaders. They could do not do worse, or embarrass supporters more.

Seriously, Crook, Kleinveldt and White have done absolutely nothing this season to justify selection. Might as well bring in Coetzer, Zaib and Procter. On paper it weakens the bowling, in reality they would have nothing to beat.
By Shortlegs
Just going from bad to worse. Shocking with both bat and ball against Worcester and it looks like some of our T20 "worldbeaters" have had their day or are simply well below par at the moment. On paper we still have a good side but when it's not happening you can only carry on so long before making changes.

I would at least bring in Zaib for White, Procter for Crook and Gleeson for Sanderson or even Kleinveldt asap. A poor performance next time out by Cobb or Levi should mean a chance for Coetzer too.

Ripley says we're lacking a "go get it" attitude. Well Mr Ripley, motivation and attitude is part of your responsibility as head coach, so let's see some improvement please or failing that players who prove to be hungrier for success.
By Bucksman
Yes, it just got even worse - it has to be said, though, that 9-over slogs (just typical we have to be involved in such a weather affected lottery) have never really been our style, win or lose the toss - but I'm still of the belief we're not really that bad!

RK's season has still yet to get started, lack of fitness, I strongly suspect, being a key factor here, and Prasanna has not been making the sort of impact we essentially require.

At least, Coetzer should be given an outing, having been re-signed specifically for the purpose.
By saintcobbler
Do you reckon this is mainly because key players have got older, lost form, or due to a few changes in personnel?
By Shortlegs
Bucksman wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:35 am

Prasanna has not been making the sort of impact we essentially require.

Maybe not with the bat but he's been the pick of our bowlers quite comfortably in recent games
By Bucksman
Shortlegs wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:42 pm
Bucksman wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:35 am

Prasanna has not been making the sort of impact we essentially require.

Maybe not with the bat but he's been the pick of our bowlers quite comfortably in recent games

Admittedly, that was my initial impression, as I hadn't checked the stats previously. In fact, he has taken 3 wickets in the 4 games so far: 0-37 (4 overs), 1-21 (4), 1-24 (4) and 1-24 (2).

Debatable?
By onemorerun
Ripley on the club site -

“Richard Gleeson is fit again and has had three games for the second XI, he hasn’t been at his best but he’s an option,” said Ripley. “Luke Procter bowling plenty of mix-ups is something else we could use. Other guys like Saif Zaib and Kyle Coetzer are chomping at the bit to get a chance but there’s a balance in being fair to players already in the side."

Being fair to the players who have shown nothing, and suffered four completely humiliating defeats?

Someone defined insanity as "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".
Essex

No surprises in the 13 man squad named for tomorro[…]

CC Glam v Northants

With Luke Wood having returned to Notts already af[…]

Get Kolkata Knight Riders vs Royal Challengers Ban[…]

world cup 2019 LIVE TV CHANNELS LIST

Watch world cup 2019 Live Streaming with Live TV C[…]