A forum for Northamptonshire CCC fans
By Ironside
An interesting squad
Azharullah, Buck, Cobb, Gleeson, Holden, Hughes, Keogh, Kleinveldt, Rossington+, Newton, Sanderson, Wakely.
No Duckett or Levi of course; Crook presumably left out on form and White because the pitch is likely to be seamer friendly. Even so one of Sanderson or Gleeson would seem most likely to be left out leaving Keogh and Cobb (or even Hughes) to try and produce a bit of spin
I had hoped to see some comment about the inclusion of Hughes but as usual there is nothing on the Northants website. I assume he is playing on a game by game basis but he would be a decent acquisition, particularly for the T20s.
By Ironside
Fully agree about Buck. He must have nearly 30 Championship wickets by now. Just a pity that our batsmen failed to build on his efforts - again
By Ironside
Agreed and well supported by Cobb and Rossington.
The rest of the scorecard is a shambles and yet again we lose out on an additional batting point that should have been taken.
Second time around Durham seem to have been much more focused - not helped by what appears to have been some poor bowling by Kleinveldt and Azhar
By Bucksman
172 first innings lead, then Durham 98-4, and now it's raining (well forecast) after the key time taken out of the game with their recovery. Sadly, a classic case of failure to capitalise when it mattered on a position of strength, despite the said creditable, earlier performances of Buck and Holden.
By Shortlegs
Great win although we made heavy weather of it (pun inteneded) in typical Northants style. Full credit to the umpires too for allowing the game to be finished despite the rain.

Nice to see Wakely score some championship runs at last. I'm not sure we've got enough strength in depth to go up and our batting still looks very shaky at times, but at least we're playing some bold cricket and getting some wins and could have a sniff if we carry on like this.
By Bucksman
Ultimately, a nervy and undignified scramble, but a win's a win, and essential if we are to keep pace with the top three. Greater consistency in all the disciplines remains the key factor, though still relatively early days, but two fewer matches now!
By mav
Nice to see us risk the loss to go for a win, our bowling appears to be good without being outstanding but our batting is a bit one dimensional.
By Ironside
I'd say our batting was more 3D than one-dimensional
Like three Ducks (at least) per innings!!
mav liked this
By Shortlegs
Perhaps by one dimensional Mav means not enough grafters. Even when gettng runs in the CC some of our batsmen seem to be in permanent one day mode and this leads to careless dismissals. Or perhaps some simply don't have a good enough technique to stay longer at the crease and grind out runs. I would say that of our batsmen only Holden, Newton, Duckett and Keogh are really capable of lengthy crease occupation at present and Duckett and Keogh's form in particular has been patchy. The rest are all capable of handy quick runs but in championship cricket that's often not what's required.
mav liked this
By mav
As much as I loved Jumble, I am not sure what he can share with batsmen? he had so much natural talent and never made the most of it!

Yes I mean batsmen that can grind runs, frustrate bowlers and occupy the crease.
By Johnabri
Ironside wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:59 pm
Fully agree about Buck. He must have nearly 30 Championship wickets by now. Just a pity that our batsmen failed to build on his efforts - again
Agree :yes:
By Johnabri
As much as I loved Jumble, I am not sure what he can share with batsmen? Testogen gnc he had so much natural talent and never made the most of it!
By Den Buckett
The mistakes keep coming this season. Sanderson, Gleeson, Hutton and Buck all play v Durham. With our batting fragility we need batting right down the order not this sort of tail!

Get Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kings XI Punjab[…]

HOW CRICKET BETTING APP WORKS ?

If you want to know all the live match scores and […]

Today Cricket Match Prediction

If you want to know all the live match scores and […]

Kent

Salter no longer in the squad. Odd as he had the b[…]