A forum for Northamptonshire CCC fans
By mav
Leg side Lizzy - cricket reporter for print and BBC local commentator is saying Warwickshire have agreed a deal with Stone for next year.

A year to soon for him I think, but if so I wish him luck.
By northernknight
Deal confirmed. All the best to him, he has the potential to reach the top. Going to need Midders to pull out a few more Gleeson's from somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
By rwjc22
Demoralising really.  Although Middlebrook as Cheif Scout will hopefully find us some more fast bowlers.  Are there any youngsters at the club?

Why are there no transfer fees in cricket?  Although Phil said we got £30k for Willey.

Duckett next to go I understand.
By Bucksman
Inevitable, I suppose, but his fitness is likely to be an ongoing issue (I am reminded of Adam Shantry who departed for Warks in not dissimilar circumstances in 2005).  Time to resume scouring the minor counties for more latent talent! 
By onemorerun
[quote="Bucksman"]
Inevitable, I suppose, but his fitness is likely to be an ongoing issue (I am reminded of Adam Shantry who departed for Warks in not dissimilar circumstances in 2005).  Time to resume scouring the minor counties for more latent talent!
[/quote]

There must be Warwickshire supporters wondering why they've recruited someone who's out for the season having injured himself celebrating a wicket!

Willey, Stone and Brooks have all left because 'they want to compete for trophies'.  With an attack including all three, they could have done that with us!  Funny how nobody ever quotes higher pay as a reason for leaving.
By Bucksman
[quote="onemorerun"]
Funny how nobody ever quotes higher pay as a reason for leaving.
[/quote]
Not in so many words... the euphemistic term 'ambition' is the one always bandied about!
By mav
you can't blame them for leaving for money - they don't earn a huge amount from cricket.
By saintcobbler
[quote="onemorerun"]
[quote="Bucksman"]
[/quote]

There must be Warwickshire supporters wondering why they've recruited someone who's out for the season having injured himself celebrating a wicket!

Willey, Stone and Brooks have all left because 'they want to compete for trophies'.  With an attack including all three, they could have done that with us!  Funny how nobody ever quotes higher pay as a reason for leaving.
[/quote]
Hit the nail on the head here Bucks
By Bucksman
Congratulations to our old boy for gaining international recognition, if only due to the unavailability of David Willey.

I wonder if we shall be due any form of recompense as the county which invested in his initial development prior to his departure for the greener pastures of Warwickshire?
By Nick14
Pleased for Oli but hard not to be sad that in the last few years Stone, Willey, Brooks, Duckett and Gleeson have all gone - and all are/have been/could be England players.
By Shortlegs
Bucksman wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:44 pm
Congratulations to our old boy for gaining international recognition, if only due to the unavailability of David Willey.

I wonder if we shall be due any form of recompense as the county which invested in his initial development prior to his departure for the greener pastures of Warwickshire?
Congratulations indeed to Olly Stone!

Apart from some recompense (which I fully agre with) it would be nice if bigger counties like Warwickshire gave us a bit of credit for producing players. Stone was already on the verge of playing for the Lions when he got so badly injured playing for Northants.

If you look at Jeetan Patel's comments about Olly's call up on the BBC website, you'd think he'd spent his entire career at Edgbaston , rather than actually starting to play for Warwickshire this year, having been at Northants from 2011-2016! Here's the extract from the BBC site: "What a week for him, but what a feather in our cap too," Warwickshire captain Jeetan Patel told BBC WM. "Producing players for England has always got to be part of our remit." Says it all about the arrogance of the bigger counties really.
CC v Leics

We have picked the team I predicted, but really di[…]

AUSTRALIA

Eoin Morgan will not indicate to the spectators a […]

Gloucestershire

Not quite rotation as noone has been left out of t[…]