A forum for Northamptonshire CCC fans
By saintcobbler
It's nice to have some real cricket again after that 100 rubbish and especially pleasing to be able to see us win a tight game. It's not all doom and gloom, for now at least. I fear that we are seeing the last knockings of county cricket though with players being taken away to play in meaningless competitions and the whole cricket schedule being wrecked in order to please 'the money men'.

Any thoughts on who we should keep and who should go for next season? A few obvious retainees including Keogh for me.
By Countyman
saintcobbler wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:50 pm It's nice to have some real cricket again after that 100 rubbish and especially pleasing to be able to see us win a tight game. It's not all doom and gloom, for now at least. I fear that we are seeing the last knockings of county cricket though with players being taken away to play in meaningless competitions and the whole cricket schedule being wrecked in order to please 'the money men'.

Any thoughts on who we should keep and who should go for next season? A few obvious retainees including Keogh for me.
The County Championship has to survive in some shape or form, or else why bother to play Test cricket at all? I just hope we don't see the integrity of One-Day Cup totally undermined, as it was this year, by the Hundred in 2022. The efforts of Josh Cobb and Adam Rossington, in particular, seemed a complete waste of time in a purely playing context!

As far as I can tell, most of the squad are under contract until the end of next year at least, apart from the vanished Richard Levi, who presumably won't be seen again.
By Den Buckett
Countyman wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:52 pm
saintcobbler wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:50 pm It's nice to have some real cricket again after that 100 rubbish and especially pleasing to be able to see us win a tight game. It's not all doom and gloom, for now at least. I fear that we are seeing the last knockings of county cricket though with players being taken away to play in meaningless competitions and the whole cricket schedule being wrecked in order to please 'the money men'.

The County Championship has to survive in some shape or form, or else why bother to play Test cricket at all? I just hope we don't see the integrity of One-Day Cup totally undermined, as it was this year, by the Hundred in 2022. The efforts of Josh Cobb and Adam Rossington, in particular, seemed a complete waste of time in a purely playing context!

As far as I can tell, most of the squad are under contract until the end of next year at least, apart from the vanished Richard Levi, who presumably won't be seen again.
Yes I hear Levi has gone.
Now for The Blast

Hoping for an upturn in form for this competition.[…]

CC v Essex

Oh well, the usual start from the top order, what[…]

Surrey v Glamorgan

No one seems to have been able to make any comment[…]