A forum for Northamptonshire CCC fans
By onemorerun
Congratulations Worcestershire on winning the t20.

When we won it in 2013 or 2016 I commented on here (or the old site) that we won it because we were a TEAM. The same would seem to apply to Worcs - other than Moeen Ali, no big names (and did I hear that were missing overseas players?) but they won anyway. Written off by bookies and Sky's "experts". Those clowns always seem to assume the county with a test ground will win, even if a smaller team topped the group.
By Bucksman
Yes, despite their familiar Division 1 tribulations, Worcs have always been a consistent force in the limited overs game, and it seems surprising that this was their first appearance at a T20 Finals day.

Moeen has quickly bounced back from his harrowing winter experiences and, together with another local man, Ben Cox, made the telling contributions to both matches in securing the title. Young seamer, Pat Brown is also creating waves, particularly in the shortest format.

Steven Crook, one our T20 heroes, has decided finally to call it day...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/45552129

In between the injuries, he more than did his bit for the team in all formats of the game.
By Den Buckett
So T20 is back tomorrow at Durham weather permitting.

Possible team

Levi
Cobb
Vasconcelos
Rossington
Keogh
Ashraf
Pretorius
Procter
Coles
Hutton
White

Wakely, Curran and Thurston are other possibilities for batting
Buck and Sanderson for bowling.
By Shortlegs
My team would be

Levi
Cobb
Vasconcelos
Rossington
Wakely/Thurston/Curran
Ashraf
Pretorius
Procter
Coles
Hutton
White

I suspect that Vasconcelos won't play as he's seen mostly as a red ball player, but think he has earned a chance at T20 and has proved he can score quickly. The good thing about this side is that it bats all the way to number 11. If our international players do their bit we could have a good campaign.
By onemorerun
If a T20 team has to worry about batting down to number 11, it's probably already lost!

I would guess at:

Levi
Rossington
Cobb
Wakely/Vasconcelos
Keogh/Vasconcelos
Pretorius
Ashraf
White/Proctor
Hutton
Sanderson

Vasconcelos should be picked as he's in form, but I just think Wakely will be back. White hasn't played this year, but I always thought he was a favourite of Ripley's.
By Den Buckett
onemorerun wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:17 pm If a T20 team has to worry about batting down to number 11, it's probably already lost!

I would guess at:

Levi
Rossington
Cobb
Wakely/Vasconcelos
Keogh/Vasconcelos
Pretorius
Ashraf
White/Proctor
Hutton
Sanderson

Vasconcelos should be picked as he's in form, but I just think Wakely will be back. White hasn't played this year, but I always thought he was a favourite of Ripley's.
With the 2 overseas allrounders coming in we have plenty of bowling so can't see the point of playing Sanderson. He was poor in this last season. Now we are in contention in the CC, I would keep him fresh for that.
By onemorerun
To be fair, they were all poor last year, and Sanderson is in the best form this year. Last year's leading wicket taker was actually Buck, whom nobody is mentioning.

Of course I'd temporarily forgotten Coles as well. They've extended his loan spell so I assume he'll be in the mix.

Also Thurston deserved a chance. And I'd rather see Zaib than White. I give up!
By Shortlegs
onemorerun wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:17 pm If a T20 team has to worry about batting down to number 11, it's probably already lost!
Is that why you only put 10 players in your team :giggle:
By onemorerun
Shortlegs wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:30 am
Is that why you only put 10 players in your team :giggle:
Duh!😁

I must have been working out who to leave out and overdid it!
By Den Buckett
Levi and Hutton injured. Vasconcelos and Procter not selected. 7 out of 11 for me!

Restricted Durham well but now 58 for 4 in the chase.
By onemorerun
Did I get 8 out of ten!?

Vasconcelos should be in the team, I don't really think we can afford to drop the batsman in the best form.

Bowling didn't seem too bad, but the old problem that we simply cannot take wickets. White got two caught on the boundary (like most of his wickets, it seems) but most expensive.

Batting poor except for Rossington. Coles coming in at four? If we need a hitter, Pretorius would seem the better option.
By Den Buckett
Durham is normally a low scoring ground so we will wait to see how the bowling is in future matches. The batting is quite deep, but looks to lack natural t20 players. Thurston coming in to the important opener position was strange. Coles at 4 doesn't seem right. Wakely still getting in, but failed again. We need to see more of Ashraf and Pretorius to see how they shape up.
By onemorerun
Next match at Trent Bridge, not normally a place we do well at. Unlike Chester-le-Sreet, often has short boundaries, I think?

Suggested team and batting order (assuming Levi and Hutton still injured):

Rossington
Pretorius
Cobb
Thurston
Wakely
Vasconcelos
Keogh
Ashraf
Coles
White
Sanderson

I'd rather see Zaib than White, but don't think that will happen. So basically all I've managed to do is replace Sole with Vasconcelos, which probably demonstrates our lack of resources.
CC v Worcs

Good first day for us. Now can the batsmen give us[…]

www.glamorgancricket.com/news/13-man-squad-named-f[…]

AUSTRALIA

Eoin Morgan will not indicate to the spectators a […]

T20 Steelbacks

Ok, we're out of the RL Cup and it will need a mir[…]