A forum for Kent CCC fans
By TWrex
Hoping for an upturn in form for this competition. Change of format, change of luck perhaps? Big cut in Sky's coverage this year all due to the 100 no doubt. No thought for the traditioists again!.
The Championship hasn't been a compete disaster though, after the last round of matches we have climbed to fifth in the table :drunk:
By Countyman
TWrex wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:41 am The Championship hasn't been a compete disaster though, after the last round of matches we have climbed to fifth in the table :drunk:
You certainly belied your current batting form on Saturday against Northants - a bit more of that intensity and sense of purpose and you'll be up there! ;)
By TWrex
From my original post on this topic, can anyone tell me what a traditioist is? I might have typed it but don't have to know what it means though. It was mid morning with no alcohol consumed, in fact I am tee-total, don't like the taste much prefer a cuppa. Perhaps my brain has become stewed .
By Countyman
TWrex wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:03 pm From my original post on this topic, can anyone tell me what a traditioist is?
This is a typical example of 'nal' phobia, a relatively common condition which can afflict, in times of undue stress, dedicated followers (referred to by this term) of specific professional athletes attempting to practise the art popularly known these days as red-ball cricket.

There are rumours that certain individuals may also have suffered similar symptoms over a period of decades at a cricketing establishment located not far from junction 15 of the M1!

Happily, 'nal' phobia is not life threatening and, when confronted with a positive frame of mind, one will often be able to look ahead and envisage a time for their heroes of unparalleled success and achievement.
By TWrex
Thanks for those words of explanation Countryman. I can now rest easy and look forward to Kent being triumphant at Edgbaston on finals day in September.
By TWrex
Well it's still on Kent can be triumphant at Edgbaston in the end. It all looked so easy until Jake Lintott went beserk, I kept thinking he can't can he? Thankfully for Kent he couldn't but what an innings and what a time he has had this year and well deserved for his determination to be a professional cricketer. Now a win in the Championship, with young Stevens at it again and Milnes showing continuing progress, Heady days indeed and we are top of the table. Well kind of/ :shhh:
gmdf liked this
By TWrex
Things looked rather dodgy half way through The Spitfires innings in the final but Jordan Cox sorted that out in spectacular fashion. Then he was involved in that remarkable catch, and the very unusual non catch incident with Daniel Bell-Drummond. Not sure how the umpires came to the conclusion that DBD was assisting with the catch, it looked the very opposite. Can't really complain after the decision for Joe Denly's 3rd wicket. Tom Lammonby took his own remarkable catch to dismiss Denly first ball in the final and a real turnaround for young Cox after his 1st baller in the semi. Happy days in the Garden of England.
gmdf liked this
By gmdf
What was remarkable is that, over the two games, all the Kent team contributed to the results in one game or the other. Adam Milne and Alex Blake were not missed - indeed Stevens, who batted brilliantly in the SF, might not have been playing if the two missing players had been available.
By TWrex
Indeed a good team performance and a few other players in the squad who could have done a good job had they been required. Now for the 'title' decider against Middlesex tomorrow, doubtless the trophy will be on show for all supporters to see. Wont be there myself and hopefully my health problems will be sorted for me to be back in attendance for some live cricket next summer. Two years since setting foot in the St. Lawrence Ground, that will be just over two and a half by the time next season comes round, and if my cataracts are sorted as well might actually be able to see the action a bit more clearly. :shifty:
By gmdf
Yes, hopefully the trophy will be on show (I'll keep my eyes open as I will be there today, and for all the days I hope).

Good luck with sorting your health problems - I know from other family members that cataract removal is normally very successful and quite life changing. From the club forum after the Worcestershire game finished, we learned that they intend to refurbish the Woolley stand and so the ground will look rather better next year!
By gmdf
Not only was the trophy on show, I actually got to hold it!!

And Kent won a tight game just before lunch today. A great end to the season!
By TWrex
Well done gmdf for getting your hands on the cup. I managed to get photographed with the Claret Jug back in 2019 when they were promoting the Open at Sandwich during Canterbury Week. But I think you have trumped me there. Good finish to the season with a short but tense session of play. Not quite up to Darren Stevens double hundred against Lancs. , but that was rather special. The other last day I remember was the one against Gloucestershire when there was lovely weather but no play due to the net area in front of The Frank Woolley being declared unfit and the super sopper having broken down. No cricket but a ground tour, an extra Members Forum and just taking in the atmosphere of the ground sitting in the sunshine made for a pleasant and peaceful day. I remember posters on the old forum saying about having the same sort of experince. Strange lot us County cricket followers.
One last look through the mists at the old ground with the England Women's ODI being on the tele Sunday, then hopefully next April after my cataracts and a couple of other issues are sorted will be back at The St. Lawrence in person.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]