A forum for Kent CCC fans
By madmickeyt
there you go i have said it!

we are going to be in div one next year, what a season we have had, it has been incredible the number of games we have won, especially when you consider how gloomy it was going into the start of the season.

i have to say, there are a lot of Kent fans who dont deserve this. Moaners, whingers, negative about players all the time. We have more than our share of those. But even they have been quiet(er) lately. Of course there are a few planks on facebook who want to get rid of anyone who does not take loads of wickets or score a century in a particular match.

But we are going up and let's hope we keep improving as it will be harder next year that's for sure.
gmdf liked this
By Vetchetarian
madmickeyt wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:54 pm there you go i have said it!

we are going to be in div one next year, what a season we have had, it has been incredible the number of games we have won, especially when you consider how gloomy it was going into the start of the season.

i have to say, there are a lot of Kent fans who dont deserve this. Moaners, whingers, negative about players all the time. We have more than our share of those. But even they have been quiet(er) lately. Of course there are a few planks on facebook who want to get rid of anyone who does not take loads of wickets or score a century in a particular match.

But we are going up and let's hope we keep improving as it will be harder next year that's for sure.
Congratulations to Kent. Hope you go on to greater things next season.
By TWrex
Well done Kent & all with a meagre return of batting points, with a chance to clinch the title with the ' play-off ' against Warwickshire. I'm afraid fulltime moaning fans are found everywhere & are a breed of their own. I support a football team which has done very well over recent years (with a bit of failure thrown in), but there are a good few who find something to moan about, even in victory the opposition were better or we were lucky. Top the table, but every other team are better, players are useless until they are dropped that is, when they become star players who are indispensable. The manager & board are hopeless, the tea bar is no good etc. The strange thing the same people turn up match after match, year after year. They must love the club, but finding fault all the time means they cannot enjoy the success of players & teams that come good after poor spells when they have written them off as useless. Players & teams are of course not above criticism, but it much more fun to look for the best & so enjoyable when success arrives.
We can enjoy the triumph for a while, before looking forward to the challenges of Division 1 cricket next year.
PS Shame Sky have opted for the Surrey v Essex match for broadcast next week, a game with nothing on it. At least Warks. & Kent have a trophy to battle over, even if they have both achieved their main goal. No disrespect to Surrey (congratulations on the title) or Essex, we shall just have to wait & see if Sky have chosen well.
By TWrex
Well Sky have chosen well. If only for the slip catch by Simon Harmer of Rory Burns, brilliant.
Find it on the web somewhere to see for yourselves.
Surrey not doing to well perhaps they have a few early drinks at the 2002 prices. Special offer to celebrate winning the championship since that year.
By TWrex
Definitely a good decision by Sky to show Surrey v Essex. Warks. v Kent would have been very painful viewing to end the season on. The meagre return of batting points gives cause for concern for facing first division attacks next year, but the main thing is we are there & can address that problem when faced with it. . Well done to the team for gaining promotion & congratulations to Warwickshire on winning the title
Lancashire at Colwyn Bay

Starting to think about who will take the field fo[…]

AUSTRALIA

Eoin Morgan will not indicate to the spectators a […]

CC v Worcs

Good first day for us. Now can the batsmen give us[…]

Overseas

Events at Southampton suggest or confirm the fear […]