A forum for Kent CCC fans
By TWrex
A good day for Kent with the victory at Lord's & the defeat of Sussex Durham. The weather gods were definitely on Kent's side yesterday, batting was distinctly difficult in the gloom. The floodlights were on & it finally the natural light faded enough for bad light to be called. It seemed that would be the end of the day's play, but a band of bright sky in the distance offered hope & play resumed. In the evening sunshine batting was much easier & Kuhn & Bell-Drummond scored some very valuable runs. I didn't attend today but with the return of gloomy skies & a couple of early scares was relieved to see the team get home.
Big week coming up Sussex at home to Warks. & Glamorgan coming to Canterbury. The Welsh county should not be underestimated despite all their problems. Their bowling seems more than adequate & with nothing to lose the batting may come off, though recent wickets at the St. Lawrence will not encourage them. It's up to the team to come good & see through a return to the top division.
By TWrex
I see I have invented a new county team, sorry Middlesex. I forgot to mention a couple of brilliant catches which didn't help Kent's early struggles in their run chase, Middlesex certainly gave a Kent a scare & if it hadn't turned so dark when it did who knows?
By exileKT8
TWrex wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:22 pm
A good day for Kent with the victory at Lord's & the defeat of Sussex Durham. The weather gods were definitely on Kent's side yesterday, batting was distinctly difficult in the gloom. The floodlights were on & it finally the natural light faded enough for bad light to be called. It seemed that would be the end of the day's play, but a band of bright sky in the distance offered hope & play resumed. In the evening sunshine batting was much easier & Kuhn & Bell-Drummond scored some very valuable runs. I didn't attend today but with the return of gloomy skies & a couple of early scares was relieved to see the team get home.
Big week coming up Sussex at home to Warks. & Glamorgan coming to Canterbury. The Welsh county should not be underestimated despite all their problems. Their bowling seems more than adequate & with nothing to lose the batting may come off, though recent wickets at the St. Lawrence will not encourage them. It's up to the team to come good & see through a return to the top division.

TWrex, the only concern Kent should have over the visit of Glamorgan is the fear of rain washing the game out. Otherwise your concerns will be getting a full quota of batting points and whether you lose 2 days income. Henry v Glammy batting doesn`t bear thinking about. PS I hope Kent go up.
By TWrex
We have all become used to 2 day cricket at Canterbury this season, I don't think one game has lasted more than 2 days worth of actual cricket, the weather just about tipping a match into day 3. batting bonus point table says it all, I believe Kent have amassed all of 1 such point at St. Lawrence, & visiting teams have not fared much better. I know the form book points to an easy win for Kent, but all opponents should be shown proper respect, doing otherwise is not worth the risk. By the same token if Kent do achieve promotion they should not be fearing the likes of Surrey next season, just give all they can & see what can be achieved. The weather looks promising for the rest of the month so hopefully promotion/relegation will be settled on the field & not by the weather.
By exileKT8
TWrex, you are absolutely correct in that all opponents in all sports should be accorded proper respect and it is good of you to extend that to Glamorgan this season.

However forgive me if your account of not many games lasting more than 2 days at Canterbury gives me an even greater feeling of dread regarding Glammy`s visit.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]