A forum for Kent CCC fans
By TWrex
With the players lost to The Hundred, Kent will have rather an unbalanced look to their XI's for his competition. The bowling seems strong enough and in Ollie Robinson there is a very good 'keeper who is also a fine batsman. Jack Leaning captains the side and Heino Kuhn has plenty of experience, after that looks a bit iffy. However, most Counties are in the same boat so we will have to suck it and see. I would have gone to the matches but not under the current situation.
Their is virtually no cover against a blazing sun or any rain at Beckenham and people have to stay in the seat hat they are allocated to. I am a member, so it doesn't affect me, but £25 entry for for many will be a wonky fold-up chair to sit on all day to watch depleted teams seems rather steep to me. It will be interesting to see how many tickets are sold, maybe just the thought of seeing some live sport and a day out will be enough to bring people out. Anyway good luck to all the County teams (well good luck to being runners-up to Kent at least :whistle: :whistle: , hopefully the weather will play ball and those who attend the games see some good cricket.
By gmdf
Whilst the batting maybe looks a bit thin, they have signed Munsey (Scots International), and Finch (in good form at the moment). I hope Muyeye gets a good run in the side as well. Plus I wouldn't rule out Stevens making hay once or twice. :lol

I'm relatively positive about the strength of the squad...but time will tell!
By gmdf
And Covid strikes again - Jack Leaning, named as RLC Kent Captain earlier this week, is out of the first 2 games due to a positive test. Ollie Robinson (the 22 year old Kent WK) will skipper Kent and the batting line up looks significantly weaker.
By TWrex
It's the new afternoon tv quiz show, 'Who's the Captain Today?'. Never fear about the batting Chris Tavare is at this very moment ransacking the garage to find one of his old bats and if Neil Taylor hasn't got a heavy head after his birthday celebrations today he'll be there too. Both having a rather different approach to the limited overs game than the longer one, quick singles may not be an option though.
gmdf liked this
By TWrex
As I said the bowling looks strong enough :doh: A very flat track at Beckenham of course so a high score isn't that surprising, but this is over par. Still Kent going at 9 an over, trouble is Chris Rushworth has taken 3 wickets. Good entertainment for those in attendance though.
gmdf liked this
Squad

Disappointing for Hemphrey to see he has been rele[…]

Now for The Blast

Hoping for an upturn in form for this competition.[…]

CC v Essex

Oh well, the usual start from the top order, what[…]

Surrey v Glamorgan

No one seems to have been able to make any comment[…]