A forum for Kent CCC fans
By TWrex
Hoping for an upturn in form for this competition. Change of format, change of luck perhaps? Big cut in Sky's coverage this year all due to the 100 no doubt. No thought for the traditioists again!.
The Championship hasn't been a compete disaster though, after the last round of matches we have climbed to fifth in the table :drunk:
By Countyman
TWrex wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:41 am The Championship hasn't been a compete disaster though, after the last round of matches we have climbed to fifth in the table :drunk:
You certainly belied your current batting form on Saturday against Northants - a bit more of that intensity and sense of purpose and you'll be up there! ;)
By TWrex
From my original post on this topic, can anyone tell me what a traditioist is? I might have typed it but don't have to know what it means though. It was mid morning with no alcohol consumed, in fact I am tee-total, don't like the taste much prefer a cuppa. Perhaps my brain has become stewed .
By Countyman
TWrex wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:03 pm From my original post on this topic, can anyone tell me what a traditioist is?
This is a typical example of 'nal' phobia, a relatively common condition which can afflict, in times of undue stress, dedicated followers (referred to by this term) of specific professional athletes attempting to practise the art popularly known these days as red-ball cricket.

There are rumours that certain individuals may also have suffered similar symptoms over a period of decades at a cricketing establishment located not far from junction 15 of the M1!

Happily, 'nal' phobia is not life threatening and, when confronted with a positive frame of mind, one will often be able to look ahead and envisage a time for their heroes of unparalleled success and achievement.
By TWrex
Thanks for those words of explanation Countryman. I can now rest easy and look forward to Kent being triumphant at Edgbaston on finals day in September.
T20 2021

We get underway in front of the cameras v Worcs on[…]

I don't get it. Last week 5pm start because the fl[…]

Gloucester 20/20

Went Bristol last night, we are so far behind the […]

T20

Couple of 2nd XI games today and tomorrow. Might b[…]