By Dive
One win in three for Essex. All away from home. I saw the win at Radlett over Middx. which was very promising, though Tom Westley gave two easy catching chances that were dropped. He went on to 134!
A turnaround is plainly required!
By Dive
:drool: Useful win over Somerset on Friday. Essex's new signing, Netherlands' Shane Snater, was given a bowl. After two overs he was 0-16 and had bowled 4 wides. Tendo must have pondered taking him off but let him continue. Good move! Snater ended with 5-60, good enough for a 40-run victory following Chopra's brilliant 160 for Essex.
The highlight? Snater's catching Banton off his own bowling. The ball was thundered towards his navel and he just grasped it and hurled it high!
Lowlight? Letting Somerset get 273 from 167-6. Consequently staying above Essex on run rate.
By Dive
Knowing the South Division position as at 27 May, I have listed the remaining fixtures below with my predictions. If I am correct, Hants will come top with 13, Surrey 2nd with 10, and four counties will be on 8 pts with run rates to separate them. Somerset, Gloucs, Essex and Kent. As rates stand, if nothing spectacular occurs to change them, Somerset will end up 3rd, Essex 4th, Gloucs a close 5th and Kent 6th, leaving Sussex 7th, Middx 8th and Glamorgan 9th.
You may be surprised to see me back Surrey to succeed in 2nd. You ought to have seen their strength in depth when whipping my beloved Essex at Chelmsford on Sunday. Three batsmen hit over 80.
29 May Surrey 2 Sussex 0 (this is a day of possible thunderstorms).
Kent 2 Somerset 0
30 May Essex 2 Glam 0
Middx 0 Hants 2
1 Jun Glam 2 Sussex 0
Kent 0 Surrey 2
Somerset 2 Gloucs 0
3 Jun Middx 0 Surrey 2
Glam 0 Hants 2
Kent 2 Gloucs 0
Sussex 2 Essex 0
6 Jun Essex 2 Kent 0
Gloucs 2 Middx 0
Hants 2 Somerset 0
Surrey 2 Glamorgan 0
By Dive
:yikes: Are there no Essex supporters to chip in a few views? Or is my subject matter too deeply uninteresting!? If so, produce something livelier, why don't you?
Essex

No surprises in the 13 man squad named for tomorro[…]

CC Glam v Northants

With Luke Wood having returned to Notts already af[…]

Get Kolkata Knight Riders vs Royal Challengers Ban[…]

world cup 2019 LIVE TV CHANNELS LIST

Watch world cup 2019 Live Streaming with Live TV C[…]